“Good BBQ!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Grayson, Georgia
“Good BBQ!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently went to Greater Good after seeing them on "Atlanta Eats". We went on a Saturday night, so there was live music and lots of people. Although the places was full, it's a pretty large restaurant so our wait was very short. We ordered the potato skins to start and they were delish. I loved the combination of the cole slaw, pork and pimento cheese. I also ordered a cup of the brisket chili to try it. It was right up my ally! It had a great smoky flavor to it and was very good. It definitely has a kick to it, so beware if you don't like spice! I wanted to order the ribs, but they were sold out, as well as the half chicken. I instead got the plate of pulled pork and pulled chicken with a side of mac and cheese and collard greens. I did not love the chicken, seemed a little dry to me but it did have a good smoked flavor. I LOVED the pork! It's so good, you can really eat it with no sauce. The collards were very tasty and the mac and cheese was also good. We enjoyed our meal so much that we decided to come a second time a week later. We came during the week for lunch and I was able to get the ribs. By far, the best ribs I've had! I ordered the dry ribs and they are so good! No sauce needed! The seasoning on them is so good. I ordered a side of mac and a side of potato salad and again the sides did not disappoint. I actually mentioned to my husband that I would rather come when they aren't as busy because the food was even better than the first time!

1 Thank KeilaJ

Grayson, Georgia
“Where was the BBQ”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The only thing we ate that was good, which isn't saying much, was the fries and tater tots. The pulled pork plater was oily and lacked in flavor, which their bbq sauce could not help. Where was the meat on the ribs and the flavor limited. Last but not least, there mac 'n cheese was dry. Just cause the meat is smoked, doesn't mean it's bbq. Yuck!!

• Visited June 2014
Hammond, Louisiana
“My favorite BBQ place!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Greater Good is an excellent, casual place that offers delicious, wonderful bbq. I absolutely love their ribs, smoked chicken,and puled pork. The chicken and pork come naked and there are four types of sauce at the table, hot, vinegar, sweet, and house (I like to mix the sweet and house.) Their side of collard greens is the best. They have great specials and if they are offering their Stuffed Jalapenos get a double batch! They are fantastic.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Greater Good is Good”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The Greater Good has been a favorite of ours since it opened.
They are consistently good. Their ribs are delicious! I've no idea how long they cook them, but they are some of the best in town. I prefer the dry rub. Another favorite is the brisket. Melts in your mouth and you get a generous portion. A definite must try. They have some good sides, too. I recommend the fries, the Brunswick stew, the mac & cheese or the collard greens. The smoked wings are another good item on the menu. They have a pretty good beer selection, too. (I like their draft choices.) We typically order take-out, but have eaten in as well. They have a rather large covered patio, which is great for when the weather is good. The service has always been good. Whether dining in or take out, they are quick and efficient. The GG BBQ is definitely a Tucker favorite of ours. The only thing that could make it better is if they had delivery. But it's only a 2 mile drive for us, so it's not a big deal. Stop in once and you'll be back for more.

Tucker, Georgia
“A real taste of the South”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Located close to "downtown" Tucker, the Greater Good Barbecue is excellent barbecue. The pork plate is nice sized with moist, smoky meat. With the choice of sauces available, you are sure to find the one that meets you barbecue fancy. The sides are good, but a real star are the Tater Tots. A mound of crunchy outside and tender inside tots that can't be beat. A nice selection of beers are available. When I don't have time to cook barbecue, this is where we head.