“Never again”

Studio 6 Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
“Never again”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I choose this location because I stayed here ten years ago and thought maybe I would have the same positive experience.....not. Check in was smooth, but the staff always acted like they had an attitude especially the grumpy manager. Fresh linens were never available until near midnight. The room was not clean, I had to bleach and wipe down everything. The blankets smelled funky, and the maid cleaned the rooms while smoking a cigarette. You could also smell heavy cigarette smoke through the bathroom vents.

While staying there I did not feel safe, all sorts of shady characters roaming around. This one particular creepy guy banged on the next room door twice during the week I stayed and would just lurk on the stairwell mid night all week. If you like prostitutes hanging out and watching your every move this is your place! Or cars driving so fast through the motel, you could be ran over....join in the "fun".

The toliet ran loudly upon arrival. I requested another room, the manager lied and told me there were no more rooms. Then day three, my toliet overflowed ( think Mississippi River) onto the bathroom floor and out to the front living area. Still the manager refused to change my room. She sent housekeeping up to do a half job cleaning it up, the floor was still sticky and gross. No apology or nothing. So, the remaining four days I had to walk on toliet water carpet. The hot water is scalding, a huge hazard for anyone esp children (read eventual lawsuit).

They also lied and told me if I filled out a survey I would get a free night, it never happen not surprise or disappointed.

Overall, I was so happy to leave. It was one of the longest week of my life. I suggest you look for other options.

Room Tip: Dont do it.......try extended stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Guest l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
northfla
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never had a problem here. The hotel is reasonably priced and the accommodations are good. You can not go wrong if you are looking for a place that you can cook , keep a pet and be close to everything. The staff is very friendly. The do charge for internet but $5.00 a week is ok by me. I would stay there again and again! Very quiet no problems.

Room Tip: Ask for the Manager.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phlebotomy
Reviewed October 19, 2012

They put me in smoking when I requsted non smoking. When I said it was smoking they denied it - but there were ashtrays! They offered to remove the ash trays! Before I insisted they move me.
They messed up my billing three times the first two weeks.
The housekeeping changes towels and empties the trash - they clean nothing!
The laundry had two machines that ate money. The third got sand all over my clothes. The dryer had 4 crack cocaine bags in the drum!
I witnessed two verbal explosions between residents - and one fist fight in my first week. I called cops and they asked me if I have called hotel "security" for a domestic disturbance.
They had Terminix spray for bugs in all the un-occupied rooms - sending the roaches to the .... you guessed it! The occupied rooms. If I wanted my room sprayed, I needed to move.
My door lock worked intermittently - but when I asked for maintenance to look at it, I was told --- "that's how they all are".
When I asked to talk with a manager and left my number - THREE days in a row - the manager was NEVER there - and I never got a call.
The customer service is three steps DOWN from anything I have ever seen. My third grade grandson would have more compassion and follow through.
I'm leaving. If you come here - you are a fighter - or a crack dealer - or just dumb!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank charlenemgr

Travelers are raving about these Tucker hotels

Brooklyn, Indiana
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in Atlanta for a family wedding. The good: The hotel was reasonably priced, with the desk clerk being able to find a better rate (saving me over forty dollars) in her computer. The staff at this location was fantastic and very friendly, and any reasonable request was granted with a smile.

The bad now: First off, if you are unfamiliar with the area, this hotel can be extremely hard to find, due to the fact you not only have to drive to the end of the road to find this place, but especially with a large office complex and trees hiding the view of the hotel from NB I-285 and a small sign directing travelers to this location, it can be hard to find.

Secondly, on the Saturday morning of my stay, I got up off the ground the wrong way, and caused an injury to my knee. I called the front desk to explain what had happened, and to ask them if there was an urgent care center near the hotel; the clerk wasn't sure where there was one. I then called 911 from the room phone to get medical help. The 911 call went into COMPLETE DEAD SILENCE (not going through so it seemed). I then hung up and called 911 back, with THE SAME RESULT! I then called 911 on my cell phone, and explained to the 911 dispatcher that I had placed the two 911 calls from my room but the calls had not gone through. The dispatcher understood, advised me that the calls did indeed go through, that she had called the front desk to ask what was going on (the desk clerk did tell the 911 operator that I had a medical issue) and then advised me that paramedics were en route to my location. After being released from the ER, I spoke with the front desk, explaining what had happened. The clerk sent the maintenance man to the room, to replace the phone. However, the phone in the room appeared to be the same one that was in there when I had arrived earlier in the week.

A call to Motel6 corporate was handled very rapidly, and I received compensation for this mishap. Would I stay here again? Probably. Would I use the room phone to call 911 for an emergency? No.

Room Tip: Don't use the room phone to call 911; use your cell phone
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EsdaPup
Houma, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Traveled from Destin, Fl. with my mother in law who just had 4 hours of chemotherapy and with our( 2 ) children. I reserved the room weeks prior so that we can take my mother in law to see her first Atlanta Braves game. I called ahead to notify the hotel that we would be late due to the chemo treatment. The clerk explained to me about their courtesy phone located outside the door and what to do to get my hotel key when we arrive. we arrived at 11:00 pm, went to the courtesy phone but it did not work! Waited on my cell phone to get a representative for 45 minutes only to tell me that they apologized for the inconvience but there was nothing they could do at the time since they too could not reach the front desk or security. REALLY?!?! After about a hour of being sent from one rep to another we drove off to find another hotel. Luckily around 12:30am we were able to find a hotel with a "human" night clerk and were able to get a room. I called the Studio6 as soon as the lobby was suppose to open and no one answered! I then called customer relations and filed a formal complaint about this property and demanded my refund. I was told I would receive my refund but it would take 15 days for it to process...WTH?!?! I reserve many rooms and decided to try Studio6 since it had a kitchen and looked nice but believe me when I say NEVER again!! I'll stick to my regular hotel chain. I hope I do get my refund soon! Extremely disappointed in Studio6 Northlake!!

Room Tip: Do not reserve a room here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Checking in was a pleasant experience. The young lady at the counter was very friendly, and explained everything to me (clearly from what I thought). I asked for access to the wireless internet, and she provided me with the code. I settled into my room, and tried to access the internet with the code. The code was invalid. I called the front desk, and the gentleman provided me with a second code - which was also invalid. Because those were the only two codes the young man had, he asked that I call the 1-888 number that the error website was providing to me, and he stated that they should be able to get logged in manually. I contacted the 1-888 number, and they are the ones who let me know that both codes were expired, and that the front desk needed to provide me with the updated codes. Thus - I called the front desk back, and because the manager was the only who could print the codes, I was told I had to wait until morning, and it would be done for the very first thing. The next morning, I woke up around 11:00, and had not heard from the manager to provide me with the codes. I had to call the front desk yet again to inquire about it. The manager answered, and stated she was "just about to pull the codes and call me." I had my doubts about that, but things happen, and the code she provided worked right away.

The next day (Sunday), I received a call from the manager again. She asked how things were, and then asked if we were smoking in the room. Being that it's a non-smoking room, I said no - but we were smoking in the hallway, which is why there was an ashtray sitting outside. I was a little put off by the question - first of all, had I been smoking in the room, I'd be a little more discreet about it. Secondly - why would I have an ashtray outside in the blazing heat, if I were smoking inside where it was nice and cool?? I felt very put off by the question of it, and by her attitude. I did not appreciate it.

The following Monday evening, I was lying on my bed watching television. It was around 5 PM. It started to rain pretty hard, and I began to hear water running. I looked around to see where it was coming from, and discovered that the window was leaking. It was leaking fast, and flowing heavy. I tried to make sure the window wasn't open, and upon inspection, found it to be closed tightly. I immediately called the front desk, and the lady said she'd move me to another room. So - I threw everything I had together as fast as I could, because I didn't know how long it was to rain, etc. And I was moved to another room, on the other side of the property almost. I asked the young lady if I could get any type of refund for the trouble of having to move rooms, etc, and she stated that she couldn't do that, and that I'd have to talk to the manager. She said she was going to call the manager to see what she could do though. I didn't hear anything regarding it.

The next morning, I went to check out. The manager was at the desk. She did not offer any type of an apology, nor any type of refund, etc for my troubles. She was very curt with me, and even had the nerve to ask if I took out the garbage, cleaned out the fridge, and ran water in the dishes. I wasn't told I had to do this, and frankly, after the experience I had had, I would have been taken to jail before doing stuff the maids service should do anyway.

Overall, I was very disappointed in stay there. Mainly due to the fact that no one ever offered up any type of an apology for the inconviences I had to endure. And on top of that, I felt like I was treated like a second class citizen. I might be willing to stay there again - because it was hard to beat the price for the accomadations - but I will certainly explore other options first.

Room Tip: Could have been much better - but the manager is not very friendly or helpful.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank PinkieAce
Reviewed April 16, 2011

The place is nice, and it's great value for the price. The kitchen has a sufficient number of kitchenwares. The staff is nice.

To read if you book online:
There are three kinds of room if you book online, 1 queen bed, 1 queen bed + couch, 1 king size. But they have really only two 1 queen bed or the two others. Which means that If you book a 1 queen bed + couch, it doesn't mean that this is what you'll have. You can have the room with a king bed but without the couch.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Zante_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Knights Inn Atlanta East
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Masters Inn Tucker
Masters Inn Tucker
#3 of 11 in Tucker
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake

Been to Studio 6 Atlanta Northlake? Share your experiences!