“Great secret in Tucker, GA”

Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Iowa
“Great secret in Tucker, GA”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Traveled on business and stayed at the hotel. Front Desk staff were super friendly and hospitable. Everyone seems to know "Bill" at the Front Desk! And Bea is a real charmer with her southern manners. Hotel was very easy to find and very quiet away from the main highway. There are restaurants every which way you look out the front door of the hotel and a lot of shopping nearby. I like the clean, quiet rooms. I got a lot of work done in the room at night. Breakfast was really good too. It amazes me how much you get with free breakfast with your room rate. Cookies also available at the front desk and hot coffee too. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
88BeaR, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Barbara7306,

Thank you staying at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your business travel in Tucker GA. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Bill and Bea are going to love reading your comments. We make every effort possible to ensure our guests have a Comfortable Stay Away from Home. We know how important a WiFi with clean and quiet room in Business Suite for business guests. Country Inn has recently upgraded from Continental Breakfast to a Full Hot Breakfast, offering more healthy & fresh options like cut fruits, hot oatmeal with your choice of mix-ins ( fresh fruits, brown sugar, chocolate chips) waffles and 5 menus that rotate through out the week. Also, To-Go Breakfast is available if you are in a hurry. Please let us know if we can assist with any future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Venice, FL
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I was concerned about previous reviews, but we had a very good experience. Stayed here to visit Stone Mountain - 15 min. drive - easy in & out. The check-in staff was VERY pleasant & efficient. Room was spacious, well laid-out and clean. Key is to stay on the top floor (5th floor) to minimize ground noise/traffic. We were very pleased with our stay - great value.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor (top floor).
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear MeMaDeborah,

Thank you for giving us a chance and wonderful comments from our team members to room to price to the cleanliness and distance timing for Stone Mountain Park.

Thank you for staying with Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA. Our King Suites are perfect for families as they have 2 televisions : 1 in Master King Bedroom & 1 in Living Room with Sofa Bed. The Door between the room gives privacy while still being in the same room. I will share your comments with our staff so that we can continue to meet and exceed your expectations We are thrilled you and your family had a comfortable relaxing stay at a Great Value. Please visit us again in either Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter as you never run out of activities and things to do at Stone Mountain Park with the Kids. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I tried to write my negative impression of our stay in this hotel on their Facebook page but the marketing / social media manager for Country Inns and Suites - Emily, deleted my postings twice. Next is a explanation from her why she deleted my review the first time. "Hi Stamen, I'm the marketing / social media manager for Country Inns and Suites. I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay. I very rarely delete comments from our page, but because you commented on the fact that the owners were from India, I felt that could be misconstrued as a racial slur, and I deleted it. Again, I very rarely delete comments from the page -- even negative ones! -- and I apologize. If you need to speak to me further, please email me at countryinnsemily@Carlson.com. Thank you, Emily " The second time when she deleted my review I did not received a explanation. What I wanted to say was that, once they understood that we have made a reservation through Priceline, they gave us the smallest room, right next to the elevator, with very noisy air conditioning and a queen bed instead of king.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Stamen
Dear Stamen,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your travel in Atlanta/ Tucker area. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and the experience at our hotel. We value our guests opinion and I have addressed your concerns to the staff members. We try to meet or exceed guest expectations hence your experience with us is totally unacceptable. If you have a moment and are willing to discuss your stay with me please feel free to call me at 770-270-9009 at the hotel and ask for the General Manager. Any feed back you provide will help us and I hope that you will give us another chance to fine tune our operations to meet your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Tucker hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I typically stay at Marriott properties, except when I stay at Country Inn & Suites due to their rates to my corporate account. I have stayed at Country Inn properties throughout the Southern US and this definitely qualifies as the WORST. For several reasons: Old, non-renovated hotel w/ Antiquated television system. The family that runs this hotel does not understand customer service nor cleanliness. The garbage cans in front of the hotel were full of trash and cigarette butts. The elevator floor was filthy. The garbage can in the breakfast room was dirty. The peanut butter packages offered at breakfast were open on two sides, and the front desk explained that they came in that way from the supplier. Like that's a reason for them to serve them to me???? Return them, or get a new supplier!!!! What a health issue!!! They vending machines are only minimally stocked. Air conditioning was out of service on main floor (reception desk and breakfast room) during check in at 6pm, and was still out of service through 11am the next day. A/C was also out on floors 2 & 3 (where laundry and exercise room are). Every other property offers cookies throughout the day and especially during check-in. Not here. They are so cheap they only make two batches a day. There are so MANY competing hotels with comparable pricing at this major Interstate intersection, that one should stay elsewhere until this property is completely renovated.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawrence C
Dear Flaviator,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your travel in Atlanta/ Tucker area. I apologize for the inconvenience and the concerns that you had about your experience at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at 770-270-9009 and I would like to discuss your concerns further. Any feedback that you provide will help us fine tune our hotel operations in the hope that you would give us another chance upon your visit so we can meet your expectations.

Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I originally planned to stay at the Country Inn & Suites outside the gate at Stone Mt, but found this hotel only 8 miles away and $30 cheaper so decided to stay here. The breakfast and service was excellent! We always enjoy staying at the Country Inn. All of the staff including the maids and management were excellent and very attentive!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dear Lisa056

Thank you for staying with Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your visit to Stone Mountain Park. Also, thanks for posting your review and sharing your thoughts. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the 1st time and we Helped You Save $30 for just a drive away. We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable. Thank You for your kind words and I will make sure to share them with the staff. We are glad you got to Enjoy our Continental Breakfast and a relaxing clean comfortable room. Please do come again and visit us as they are so many activities and things to do at Stone Mountain Park with the Kids. We look forward to seeing you again!

Midwest
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Ok, this hotel has issues- There is this crazy man that works the front desk- he calls everyone sweety, and is very hard to understand due to a thick accent. The clientle of this hotel is very questionable- most of the weekend guests are from the shady night club next door. My hotel room smelt like pot on a few different occassions and the hotel would not do anything about it. Don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MarvinGa, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake, responded to this review, September 12, 2008
Respected Guest,

We are sorry that you got that impression but our front desk staff has been continuously commended for their friendliness; not to mention their eagernes to assist our guest.

Also the word "sweety" is an expression of friendship.

We thank you for your concern.

Marvin
Public Relation Manager
OK
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I was in Georgia to attend the graduation of my Grandaughter (Emory University). I was with my Mother-in-law (92 years old). We shared a suite. My daughter and husband and their grandson (age 4) were in another suite. Another suite was occupied by another grandaughter and her friend. All of us were very happy with the hotel, staff, our room, and the breakfast service (and breakfast staff) I made these reservation very early because hotels were filling up fast because of all the graduations on that weekend. I wasn't sure how it would be (my grandaughter had a friend who recommended it) but I was extremely pleased as was the rest of my family. I wish I could remember names, but all the staff smiled and spoke to us even if we were just passing through the lobby. I give this hotel and its staff an A+. I also had to make a couple of changes in my reservations through the reseveration center, and they were very helpful and adjusted days, etc for me. Thank you for making an important weekend in our family's life comfortable.

• Liked — Value for price and service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DearRiveraOk,

Thank for staying with Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your Grand Daughter's Graduation at the Emory University also for posting your review and sharing your comments and thoughts with us. I am glad your grand daughter 's friend recommended us and we didn't disappoint you and your family. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our stay in our Newly Renovated Hotel- Renovated Suites, Guest Rooms, Lobby, Breakfast Room, Fitness Room. Also, glad to know you and your family Enjoyed the Breakfast. We Believe a Good Breakfast leads to a Good Day! We value your kind words, and are happy to know that we meet or exceed our expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. Please visit us again when you are back in town and we will be happy to make your Reservation and make you relive your Memorable Weekend with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Quality Inn Northlake
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain

Been to Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake? Share your experiences!