“Nice pulled pork sandwich”
Review of Old Hickory House

Old Hickory House
Ranked #7 of 132 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: American
Description: This is in a small strip mall on Northlake Parkway.
Description: This is in a small strip mall on Northlake Parkway.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Came here with a large group of people and I ordered the pulled pork sandwich, which I really enjoyed. It had a nice smoky taste and there was just enough tasty sauce (they give you extra sauce if you need it). The pickles in the sandwich were nice and crunchy and all that was in between fresh bread.

I would definitely come back again to dine here. The service was great.

1  Thank kurokitty

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went with 10 people for breakfast on Black Friday and had one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I ordered the BBQ breakfast that was 2 perfectly cooked over medium eggs, slices of BBQ Beef, potatoes with onions and the fluffiest biscuits I have ever eaten. Instead of potatoes I could have had grits or biscuit gravy. Everything was excellent but I loved the light flavorful BBQ sauce so much that I bought a gallon to take back to Florida. Others had various plates of blueberry pancakes, Mexi omelets, BBQ omelets and biscuits and gravy. Everyone loved what they ordered and the only person who didn't eat it all took it home. Several of us ordered coffee and they brought us an extra pot so we didn't have to wait for refills. Service was attentive, friendly and helpful.
The BBQ flavor of the beef is so very good and the beef is tender and moist. The sauce is not a heavy ketchup sauce but a light tomato based sauce that has lots of flavor without being overwhelming. If your favorite sauce is as heavy as Sweet Baby Rays or Cattleman's you may not like this sauce but it is different and my new favorite.
This place is known for its Brunswick Stew and one taste will tell you why. I will be returning whenever I am in Atlanta.

1  Thank Patbrett
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was taken to the Old Hickory House by my brother's family 10/6/13. We had a really great lunch there. The place smells of hickory smoke and your leave the place with that hickory smoke aroma all over you. It is not a very fancy place, but was packed at Sunday lunch. I had their rib sandwich, not really a sandwich, but a small of slab of ribs, perhaps 4 or 5, with 2 pieces of Texas toast and a side-I had fried okra. The ribs were very good and flavorful and the rest of the meal was very good too. Our service was prompt and there was little wait for our food, even though it was very busy.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've eaten breakfast and dinner here. Breakfast is average, the biscuits are Huge... but could stand to be baked a few minutes longer they can get a little doughy. I've tried a few things for dinner, and found the ribs to be the best.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Always fast and courteous service. The food is good and the price is right. Been going there for a long time and even had our rehearsal dinner there.