“Decent hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trenton
Griffin, Georgia
“Decent hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

We recently stayed for a week here while visiting Chattanooga. It was reasonably close, much cheaper, service was okay. The few issues were there was a strong paint odor in the room, the television had an iffy switch, and problems with internet one day. Other than those minor issues, I was pleased with the hotel for the price. The pool was nice as well. Friendly housekeeping too!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank t_eason73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
scottybo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel served as a pit stop for myself on my way to Gatlinburg. I booked this room 2 weeks in advance and saved 20%, so it turned out to be a pretty decent price for what the hotel had to offer. My credit card that I used had been cancelled due to a replacement being lost in the mail. I was about 3 hours into the trip when I got a call from the front desk clerk at the hotel about my credit card being declined. The call was to check to make sure I was still coming...seemed like pretty good customer service to me.

The overall hotel was average and everything seemed to be in good shape. The only problem I had with this hotel was the bed was rock hard. Prepare to wake up with a sore back/neck.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scottybo
Alton, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

Room was dirty, bathroom had used tissue on floor. The toilet was of the gas station variety (tankless), and yet it still did not flush well. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rowan_10

Travelers are raving about these Trenton hotels

east coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

The pictures on the web-site must be a few years old. We were not welcomed by a pristine building. The rooms proved to be no better. The carpet was so dirty in all of our rooms that our feet were black from going bare footed while getting ready. The bathroom in our room smelled like smoke and there was a general grime on the door and behind the furniture. The heater/AC seemed to blow out dirty air as well. Pets were allowed, these were non-smoking/no pet rooms. We wanted to change hotels, but it was a busy weekend and this was the only vacancy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank businesstraveler061
Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,306 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

My wife and I just returned from Georgia where we were visiting relatives. The nearest motel/hotel to our family was Trenton Days Inn. I would not recommend this for anything more than an overnight stay on your way to somewhere else. The rooms are tired looking. There is a black residue on some of the corners in the bathroom. The fan in that bathroom was industrial strength. The staff were barely friendly. The more breakfast was not great (cold cereal, toast, donuts and toaster waffles). One day I just went to the McDonalds that is conveniently across the parking lot. There are lots of great Civil War sites nearby but I think the next time we go, we'll stay in Chattanooga and drive a wee bit further for our visits.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamesII
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed here because it was the only place in town. And it was just fine. Right behind the McDonalds - was hard to find. The rooms were clean, pool was clean, all was fine. Be sure to check out the bird - he's cool.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2009

We stayed there for one night. We were traveling with two dogs and were afraid we would not be able to find a motel that would accept pets. This one was the only one off the interstate at that exit and it turned out they do allow pets.

The room was very clean. Bedspreads appeared to be new. It was a little pricey, but I guess you can expect that when there's no competition in the area. Off season and a weekday and it cost us about $80 for a night. Ouch!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
#39 of 96 in Chattanooga
Key West Inn Lafayette
Key West Inn Lafayette
#1 of 2 in LaFayette

Been to Days Inn Trenton? Share your experiences!