“Excellent BBQ”

Thatcher's Barbeque and Grille
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We visited Thatcher's while staying in a cottage on Lookout Mountain. If first appearances bother you, drive on by. If you can past the assortment of portable buildings pieced together, you will enjoy some great BBQ! I had pulled pork and ribs....pork was good but ribs were excellent.....fall off the bone tender. My wife had a pork "shovel".....the "shovels" were homemade chips......BBQ nacho style.....excellent as well. If you like spicy, try the fried jalapeño slices....different and tasty. Great fried dill pickles....1/4 wedge style not slices. Large portions so don't over order. Excellent service to top off a hole in the wall local experience.

1  Thank David_2013834

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My in laws read about this place in a local paper so we went to give it a try. The BBQ was very good. Plates have three sides which is a good deal. Beware that the potato salad is not traditional potato salad (more like a mashed baked potato with cheese and sour cream). No one at our table really cared for it. Everyone that had slaw loved it. Waitress was attentive and it did not take long to get our food. We were asked if we wanted dessert. Waitress said there was Banana Pudding and Peanut Butter pudding. My husband got banana and I got the peanut butter. At first I thought they brought me the wrong pudding b/c it did not really taste like peanut butter and it was loaded with black mushy bananas. I asked the waitress and she said "Oh, I should have told you it had bananas". I indicated I did not like it as I was not expecting bananas. She never offered to replace it with something else or remove it from the ticket. Considering the price for the small portion given, that bothered me. Undecided if we will return.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Love this food. Its so good, melts in your mouth. service was excellent. Friendly people. Atmosphere was wonderful. Food amazing!

1  Thank kala777
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Trenton coming out of Chattanooga looking for a local spot to grab a bite. As we approached the restaurant, we were a bit skeptical of the appearance, but like they say, don't judge a book by its cover. This place was great, friendly service from an attentive staff and great BBQ! I tried the pork, chicken and brisket, my wife, had one of the many baked potato dishes. Each came with 3 sides which was more than enough. Great local spot just off the beaten path.

1  Thank garyramsey1
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Loved Thatchers!! Great BBQ served in interesting menu selections. Loved the atmosphere... Very country! Love eating outside in screened in porch on nice evening! Can't wait to go back!!