“Totally shocked”

Thatcher's Barbeque and Grille
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just stopped by this little barbecue joint to give it a shot. Was going to get something to go and the girl at the to go window had a very rude attitude and promptly told us it would be 30 to 40 minutes to get "anything". since bbq is already cooked i feel she should have asked what i needed anyway. I may have just wanted a drink. the place didn't look very busy only a few cars in the parking lot and it wad 6pm on a Saturday. I won't waste my time on stopping there ever again.

John T, Owner at Thatcher's Barbeque and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. Obviously, there is no excuse for our staff member to treat any guest the way you were treated and I apologize for this. We have met with the young girl that was working the night you visited and have helped her learn how to handle a stressful night (tons of to go business with short staff in kitchen at last minute) . Our normal mode of operation is no where closely related to what you expereinced and we hope that you will give us another try when you are back through our area. Again, i appeciate your review as we learn a lot from our online community.

There are newer reviews for Thatcher's Barbeque and Grille

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy lunch here on the screened in porch w tv..love the bbq potato and club salad. They also have great desserts. Prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've eaten at any number of BBQ restaurants but Thatcher's must be recognized for bring a deep smokey flavor to its meat that often eludes other establishments. Located in downtown Trenton, Georgia, they do a BIG take out business but also have a dining area for sit down customers. The parking lot is small and often full with Take Out folks easing into and out of spaces so keep your eyes open. The dining section has indoor and outdoor seating areas. Service is standard and the ice tea is weak, but the food is outstanding. This is a great local establishment to enjoy.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Thatcher's is less than two minutes off of highway 59, so if you're traveling, it's your closest, best food in Trenton. I live in Chattanooga, but work in Trenton, so I'm very familiar with all the restaurants in Trenton. Thatchers definitely ranks in the top three. It's a very quaint place, with traditional BBQ meals, and some that are out of the box. I had a basket of homemade tortilla chips, topped with: BBQ chicken, baked beans, cole slaw, BBQ sauce, and melted cheese. It was fantastic. There are several variations on this type of basket, and I intend to try others when I return. I visited Thatcher's with three other people, and they all loved their food. The service was extremely fast and courteous, and I highly recommend stopping in.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Ate her twice during our recent stay in Treton. Great food great service . Highly recommend the smoked chicken!