“Great vacation spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trenton
Lookout Mountain / Chattanooga West KOA
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Cute park with out the noise of everyday life. No jumbo jets flying over or highway noise. Just nature and the wind blowing. This camp is so close to Lookout Mountain and Downtown Chattanooga that its hard to believe it so quiet. The hosts were the best we had ever encountered. I'm not normally a person who writes comments but this park is worth it. We already have another reservation placed this year. We stayed here in a travel trailer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had mixed reviews driving up to this place... it seemed old and rundown... but we decided to stay anyway and im glad we did...staff VERY NICE, showers nice and clean... pool closed for winter..the back sites are better than the front.. its just a parking lot made into camp spots.. I would stay again, but Manchester KOA is way newer and nicer

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed here for the Warrior Dash in Manchester, but also wanted to do some sight seeing in Chattanooga. This KOA is convenient to both. When we first arrived I frantically started searching for another place on my IPad. You have to drive around to the back of the office to actually see the nice sites. Our site was in the less desirable area, however, it turned out great! The staff is very helpful and friendly. Bath houses are fine. It takes a little getting used to --- to understand the pine tree bark around all the structures is intentional as the decor.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I read all the bad reviews before I went, but when I stayed their with 3 kids for 2 nights, they had the best time you could imagine. All the kids there were playing on the huge pillow thing, swimming in the pool, and building campfires. The staff couldn't be nicer. Yes, there is a rooster, so turn on a fan for gray noise...really what are you complaining about? I didn't find it too crowded. The showers and bathrooms were VERY clean. I was surprised at how clean. I think if you have kids, you'll really appreciate this place...they can't wander off too far and there is so many people, you're not gonna get any monkey business...too many witnesses.

You can get coffee in the camp store for 50 cents in the morning and they have the usual things you might need (ice, supplies, etc). All the folks I ran into were courteous and polite, some friendly. Lot of campers talking to each other. (this is the another good thing about being within earshot of oneanother)

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Basic facilities were good and staff was nice. Other than that, they crammed way too many sites on the side of a hill, so there is limited privacy and people are crammed on each other. Also, there is apparently some private land near there where there is a rooster that cockadoodle doo'd at 5 AM (in the dark) for an hour each morning. The second night we were there, there was a dog barking ALL NIGHT (same neighbor I believe... not a guest's dog... so the problem is probably there all the time). How they haven't addressed this issue is beyond me, as we were all complaining about it. I am an early riser and I was ticked off at waking up to a screeching chicken 90 minutes before daylight.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

For our summer vacation we decided to drive to Florida and break up the trip by staying here on the drive down for a couple nights. For the $50.00 a night for a cabin, the cable tv didn't work, and the fridge was barely cold. Our "fire ring" was an old tire hub placed on some gravel. The Frisbee golf course wasn't mowed, grass was actually up to our knees. The pool was okay, but lukewarm water. My daughter was disappointed because many of the activities closed at dusk. The arcade even closed quite early for a weekend summer. The people at KOA we not overly friendly. The woman working there made me feel like I was "putting her out" by asking questions, like she was too busy for me. The man was somewhat friendlier. The views of the campground were beautiful. There was a lot of gravel lots, and the bathrooms weren't the cleanest. We had a good time, but that's because we made our own fun. I would recommend seeing Rock City Gardens while down that way.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We took a spring break trip to Chattanooga and decided to stay at the KOA so that the girls 11 & 13 might get some play time in when no one was looking. It turned out to be a great call. Our two room cabin was great giving us and the girls some privacy and was very comfortable for all of us. We played some tether ball, air hockey and did a little gem mining. There were several other activities available but with so many nearby attractions we didn't have time to do them all. We discussed staying a extra day just to hang out at the camp but it was pretty rainy on the last day so we went ahead and headed back home. The staff is very friendly and gave some good tips about how to best see what we wanted to see. The bathrooms were very clean as was our cabin. I can't really think of anything I would do to improve on what they had going here. All I can say is keep up the good work and we hope to come back this way sometime and when we do this is where we will stay. Thanks for helping us have a great trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MississippiMatt

Been to Lookout Mountain / Chattanooga West KOA? Share your experiences!