“Breakfast so good we went back for dinner!”
Review of The Square Meal - CLOSED

The Square Meal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent culinary fare, rare find in such a very small town- for breakfast I had eggs, bacon, and toast (from the Niedlov's Bakery in Chattanooga), fabulous grits and hashbrown casserole that was out of this world & my husband had the Chiaken Coop, which was wonderfully tasty chicken strips with gravy and buscuits and tater tots.
So good we went back for dinner- I had the Pintometer, which was awesome! Fried green tomatoes served with jalepeno pimento cheese. My husband had the chicken tenders with hot sauce and blue cheese. The chickens they use are very fresh and never frozen. Very pleased to find this gem!

1  Thank Allison M
There are newer reviews for The Square Meal

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'm very impressed! The food was excellent! Great homemade cookin in a very contemporary atmosphere! Absolutely will be back, especially for breakfast!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Actually ended up here by pure accident and am so happy for the find! I would suggest anyone that passes Trenton, GA make a stop here! The restaurant itself is chic and modern, the menu items had cute witty titles for dishes and there is something for everyone. Being a vegetarian, sometimes this is a bit of a challenge but here both meat eaters and vegetarians left satisfied and thinking about the next visit to the Square Meal. We dined here on a Sunday midday and the menu had late breakfast/brunch options and a full menu of many other options. We started with the fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese. I have had my fare share of fried green tomates and these were some of the best, they were not greasy and had a black bean paste served over top that was delicious. The pimento cheese that accompanied it was also delicious, and I am quite fussy about pimento cheese. It was not heavy with mayo, the cheese was super fresh and the pimentos had a little bit of seasoning, all put together, it was amazingly good! My dining partner had the fried chicken in buffalo wing sauce on a burger bun and was impressed by the fried chicken, the wing sauce and the entire plate. I had the handmade black bean patty in a bun, which was pretty good and it was also made from scratch. If you are fussy about black bean patty's it could have used a bit more seasoning and a binder to give a little textural difference between bun and patty but it was pretty decent. If I was in Trenton again or traveling by Trenton, I would stop to try other menu items as so many items seemed so delicious but only had so much space to fill me up!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

My wife and I ate breakfast at this resturant this morning while doing the Longest Yardsale. Donna had the eggs in a basket on multigrain bread and pronounced it fantastic. I had eggs, sausage,fantastic biscuits and gravy and, without a doubt, the best hashbrown casserole I have ever had. Enough said, we will be back and look forward to trying out their bruch!

2  Thank DorianMilam
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This new establishment is raising the bar for Trenton, GA.
The owner has given attention to many details such as offering specialty bake goods and gourmet coffee. They are always offering new items on the menu, both breakfast and lunch. They also have some vegetarian offerings. The state of Dade Burger is severed with a roasted tomato sprinkled with olive oil. Even the most basic items have a unique twist. The owner really knows how to romance his customers, something you rarely see anymore in the restaurant business. We can’t wait for them to start serving Dinner.

1  Thank sugarmountain21