“Breakfast was the best part -- excellent!”

The Simmons-Bond Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Toccoa B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2007

On the whole, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. There are limited choices of places to stay in Toccoa, and I think this B & B is a good alternative to the motels. My first reaction, however, was less positive than my overall reaction. When I first arrived, the innkeeper seemed rather rigid about breakfast time -- she wanted everyone to eat at one time and the choices of time seemed limited and involved working into the schedule her task of taking her daughter to school. I sympathize, but quite frankly, she's running a business so she should not let this be a problem for the guests or ask them to arrange their schedules around this. Then, as she showed me the room, she noticed that whoever cleaned it had not bothered emptying the full wastebasket, which made me wonder how well the room had been cleaned.

After that, my stay improved. A suitable breakfast time was agreed on. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, both days that I stayed there. Breakfast was a series of courses of tasty, creative breakfast foods -- souffle, strawberrty pancakes with heated strawberry syrup, broiled grapefruit with cinnamon, banana french toast, etc.

The bed was quite comfortable, and it was pleasant to be staying in a home-like setting rather than a hotel room. The central location, very close to the downtown area, made the inn easy to find and convenient. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Corinnique

Reviewed August 5, 2007

I've stayed in many B&Bs - whenever I travel that is my accommodation of choice. This was absolutely the most disappointing experience I've had. The bed was saggy and the sheets could not have been clean. I spent the entire evening with a terrible sore throat from some sort of allergy in the room or the sheets. The innkeeper seemed extremely nice on the phone, but their policies are not consistent and in the end I made a huge mistake booking the room before seeing the place.

Please learn from my mistake - do NOT stay at this inn. Certainly not in the Elizabeth room.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank lelyons
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2004

We have stayed there many times and loved it. Beautiful rooms full of antiques. Lots of history. Elizabeth is the perfect inkeeper. You can't do better than the Simmons-Bond Inn in Toccoa, GA

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toccoa
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
Hampton Inn Cornelia
#1 of 4 in Cornelia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen

Been to The Simmons-Bond Inn? Share your experiences!