“Elizabeth”

The Simmons-Bond Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Toccoa B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Well, if your name is Elizabeth, and your ( traveling companion ) Grand-daughter's name is Elizabeth, and the room is named Elizabeth, and the host's name was Elizabeth and there are books around about a little girl named Elizabeth, then you are in Elizabeth Heaven.
How could you have more of a coincidence of happenings? Such fun! This is a true story.
I have told so many people about our great vacation. Even now, today, June 14, 2013. We visited about 2008.
I think you will love this enchanted Bed and Breakfast as much as we did.

Room Tip: " Elizabeth" was the biggest room. Service was excellent. Food was great and gourmet. W...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were treated royally. I left before first light two of the three mornings to go birding in the mountains and the generous hosts put out food for me to eat (granola, fruit, juice, etc.).Didn't expect that but they wanted to feed me something even if I wasn't there when the other guests ate. Stayed in the Elizabeth room. More spacious than other rooms we've stayed in at B& B's.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Samuel B
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Felt lucky to have found this old home that has been converted to a B and B with wonderful results. The owner made every effort to make us comfortable and made us feel as if we were visiting in an old friend's home. The house is beautifully restored and furnished with many period pieces. Breakfast was cooked fresh and served in the beautiful dining room and there was no pressure to hurry thru the meal. I had asked for a roll-away bed for our room and that was conveniently provided. The location on a corner in Toccoa made it easy to go for a walk and read about the town's history. Another plus, was just being able to relax on the B&B's wrap around porch, enjoy the cool breeze and scent of magnolias in the air.

Room Tip: The downstairs room is best for anyone with special needs; no stairs and walk-in shower as opposed t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Simmons-Bond Inn in Toccoa. I was visiting family in the area, and the inn was the perfect spot for me to retire to in order to have some space to myself. The inn has been restored and decorated very nicely, the hosts are very helpful and friendly, and the breakfasts are excellent.

Room Tip: The bed in the Colleen room is on the small side. If you have two adults, it might be a little too...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonathan G
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is our second stay at your B & B and we plan to come back. The food is wonderful and the service is great. Since I grew up in Toccoa, I love the optional history session after breakfast. I left Toccoa 40 years ago, after college, so I had forgotten what little history that I knew.

Room Tip: One of the 5 bedrooms is the smallest. It is great for one person, but not for two. We want to eve...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James A
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had such a wonderful visit at your B&B. We stayed there with our boys during our whirl-wind mountain bike tour. The house was gorgeous, our room was comfortable and our gourmet breakfast was to die for!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this lovely 1903 Victorian B&B on 23 Jan 2013 and had a relaxing time. The house is amazing, its inside is full of great craftsmanship. As you walk in, the entrance receives you warmly, the stained glass windows impart charm and makes the area feel cozy. The breakfast was delicious, plus we felt spoiled by the service provided. Joy, the inn-keeper, spent over one hour answering questions about the house and the area. If you are looking for a great place to stay, this is it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toccoa
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
#1 of 5 in Clarkesville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in Toccoa

Been to The Simmons-Bond Inn? Share your experiences!