“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Toccoa B&B and Inns
hilton head
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great place to stay. Hostess was delightful.. Food was outstanding. The local museum was a big surprise. As a vet I enjoyed some history on early airborne training center. Falls at the college were nice as well. Will stay here again when coming this way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Braselton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Thank you so much for making my first B&B experience a great one! We loved our room, stained glass windows. Our breakfast was too die for. When I booked this, I knew nothing of the Toccoa area, I quickly learned some history. It is very rich in Military History! Please visit the Museum, Antique shops and of course the water fall. I am hoping to return in Oct. for the WWII paratroopers reunion. Until then please keep up the terrific work!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the " Bethany" room. It was a lovely room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarkston, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I very much appreciated the wonderful woodwork, stained glass, spider windows and artful appointments in the common areas and in my room, the Tiffany. I actually went across the street to the Antiques Mall to look for a blue depression tea cup and saucer because I liked the one in the room so much (I didn't find a blue one, but did find a sweet pink depression glass cup and saucer with cabbage roses). The breakfasts were gourmet and I was delightfully surprised it was served to me in courses rather than buffet/help thyself-fashion. The Innkeeper (in residence at the back of the home) was gracious and helpful. "Miss Elizabeth" even supplied me with a band aid and antibiotic ointment for the scrape I sustained while climbing out of the Tallulah Gorge. Viewing the wonderful waterfalls indigenous to North Georgia was the purpose of my visit and Toccoa Falls was about a 6 minute drive from the Inn and Tallulah Gorge State Park was only 16 miles away. I'm already trying to arrange another trip up next week with nieces and nephews to share the beauty of North Georgia (from Atlanta it's only about an hour and 45 minute drive).

Room Tip: Check out their website to view all the Inn and the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

While looking for a cabin for the week of the Fourth of July, I came across the Simmons-Bond Inn. Unlike the cabins, it was not overpriced. On the contrary, I was amazed by its good value. I think our room was the Bethany. It had a canopy bed, fireplace and a hallway leading into the bathroom. While the room was Victorian and very pretty, it did not lack modern conveniences. I was concerned about the number of outlets in the room but it was not a problem at all. We loved the house and enjoyed learning about its history from Ted, who gave us a tour. Breakfast was delicious and the proprietor very pleasant. While we stayed at the inn, we visited the Toccoa Falls, climbed Mount Currahee, saw the military museum (the real Band of Brothers paratroopers trained here), hiked in Tallulah Gorge, drove to Black Rock Mountain park, and stopped in Helen. We did not get to see the Fox Fire Museum because we ran out of time. We enjoyed staying at the inn very much. It's true that the ceiling on the porch needs to be replaced but it's certainly in no danger of falling down. I recommend the Simmons-Bond Inn for its location, pleasant atmosphere and value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We spent one night here in this charming old house in the sleepy town of Toccoa. As others have noted the woodwork in the public rooms of this turn of the 20th century house is amazing, and our upgraded room, Tiffany, was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and enough to keep you going the whole day and was elegantly served on fine linens, antique china and silver. The house indeed is need of a lot of cosmetic repairs like peeling paint and ceiling plaster, and the furnishings, while comfortable antiques, could be of better quality in some places, but keep in mind the modest room prices and think of yourself as being transported back 100 years in time to an old ancestor's home, and you'll enjoy your stay here. Only quibbles with our room Tiffany was the small TV that was tucked awkwardly in the closet, and for me the clawfoot tub. Some love them, I don't care much for them. The street noise was not an issue - Friday night and there was barely a car in sight. Elizabeth seems to us to be one of those innkeepers who tries to stay out of the way of her guests (this is not necessarily a negative to us) but was always available with a buzz. She takes pride in her breakfasts - we could tell as she shooed us away from the table in the morning to wait for it to be properly set - but her service was brusque and she bid us good day at the end by telling us our bill was already settled on the credit card.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had the pleasure of spending a night at the Simmons-Bond Inn last week. Unfortunately, we were late arriving and didn't get there until 10:30 but Elizabeth kindly waited up for us. It is a gorgeous home. We stayed in the Bethany room and I was quite comfortable. The shower is very small, which didn't surprise me since the bathroom was retrofitted in the space. But just something to be aware of if you need more room to maneuver. And breakfast was outstanding! We had grapefruit, followed by sausage, eggs, toast and wonderful pecan waffles. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I was totally spoiled. We will certainly return again sometime and spend more time in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The inn was very lovely and the food was a knock out, delish. I liked the history tour about the house, the wood work is amazing. There have been lots of improvements to the home but more are needed. We stayed in the Tiffany, very bright and lots of good sunshine. The bed needs a better mattress, my back was hurting after the first night. The whole inn was very clean, not a speck of dust. The innkeepers as well as the people around town were very friendly. I enjoyed the free out door concert our first night there at the shops across the street from the inn. Overall we had a nice stay, the slow pace and limited things near by forced us to slow down and enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toccoa
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
#2 of 18 in Helen
Glen-Ella Springs Inn
Glen-Ella Springs Inn
#1 of 5 in Clarkesville

Been to The Simmons-Bond Inn? Share your experiences!