“Basic..The staff was friendly”

Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Toccoa
Ringgold, Georgia, United States
“Basic..The staff was friendly”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I spent this weekend in the northeast, Ga area. We spent one night at Country Hearth INN in the town of Toccoa, Ga. The room had all one would expect from a budget motel. The TV was a standard 26 inch tv. It looked a little dated. There were no movie channels; just basic cable. The window had vertical shades which could not keep light out at night. The room had a small fridge and microwave. There was a shower in the bathroom without a tub. The walls were thin. We could here the folks in the next door room as well as the people above us. The free breakfast was basic with cereal, little donuts, sweet rolls, waffles and pancakes. I did not see any fruit or yogurt. The staff were very friendly. Sheila went out of her way to help my wife pick up a a wifi signal on her phone. She also gave us her personal cell phone number in case we got lost while out for dinner. Wow! how often does that happen. Saying all that, I would say the Country Hearth Inn in Toccoa, Ga wil;l do fine for a one night stay. Anything over one night, I would suggest some thing on the line of a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. But, when you are in a small town, hotel.motel options are limited.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I spent Saturday night, October 13, 2012 at Country Hearth Inn. My stay was great. I had no problems when I checked in. I was given a discount simply because of a function I was attending that night. My room was neat and clean. The staff was courteous at both check-in and check-out. My stay was a very pleasant one, and I would recommend this hotel to future travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jonesboro
Reviewed September 21, 2012

At check in, staff appeared to be baby-sitting. Crumbs were all over lobby carpet. The staff hung out all evening in front of the hotel smoking and joking with a group of folks. Room smelled of paint and there was paint residue on some items in room. They repainted the room but not the bathroom. Had to request a control knob from maintenance for the A/C.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LPAMIKE
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My stay at The Toccoa Country Hearth Inn was the best Hotel I have stayed at in a while.. They are renovation the rooms and upgradeing more.. Everything looks great.. The room was great. The staff was great. I had no issues.. It kinda seemed like it was too good to be true.. I was wrong.. This is the place to go.. You will be very happy.. Ive been going here off and on for 3 years.. This was by far the best stay I have had.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tx5214
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Enjoyed my stay very much. Clean and really good staff.
They are repainting the rooms and under going a face lift.
When I read the reviews, I was hesitating to stay there.I went for bite to eat
before I move on. The restaurant recommanded the Countery Hearth Inn.
I meet the new manager, she is doing a great Job.
Keep up yhe good work

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Betty P
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I felt like crying to realize I had booked a room here for 3 days. Although the staff was very courteous and kind, the hotel needs a real good scrubbing, if not total renovation. It's old, smells bad, and there were flies flying around me at the desk. I was willing to be penalized a 20% fee for moving on...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Susie S
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We went with Country Hearth Inn based on recommendations from family in the area, and we will be returning customers when we come back for our next visit. The staff were very friendly, and the room itself was well made up and clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toccoa
Toccoa Inn and Suites
Americas Best Value Inn
Super 8 Cornelia
Super 8 Cornelia
#2 of 4 in Cornelia

Been to Country Hearth Inn Toccoa? Share your experiences!