“Updated and nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Hazelwood, Missouri, United States
“Updated and nice hotel”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

It is right off the highway and walking distance to Applebee's, Logan Steakhouse and many other restaurants. I was traveling on business so I don't need a lot of frills. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only drawback is out side noise from highway and trains. Get a room on the east side of the hotel if possible. I had a standard king room that had a desk, a couch and mini fridge. Perfect for the business traveler. Has indoor pool too.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the west side of hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tifton, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Brian,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Holiday Inn Express and that you found our hotel to be "perfect for the business traveler."

Please come see us again the next time your travels bring you to Tifton!

Warm regards,
Lynda Washington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived about 11 pm, a man jumped out of the bushes and begged for money. Also tried to scope out what was in the car. We reported immediately to front desk who took her time reporting to police. We finally called ourselves. I do give the Tipton police credit for patrolling the lot after that. Spent much of the night awake worrying about the car. Also had a king suite (only room type available). The extra area wasn't useful at all-didn't have a sofa or what you would expect in a suite. Had two dining chairs and an end table in the middle of the room and some unplugged lamps. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank LaurieMart
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tifton, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am very sorry about your experience in our parking lot. I will work to understand why there was a delay in reporting it and apologize that you did not feel secure while staying with us.

Also, we have installed additional lighting in our parking lot area to ensure we offer the best security possible.

Thank you for your feedback.

Isanti, Minnesota
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight on a trip to Florida. The hotel recently opened. Location is easy to get to off the freeway. There is an Applebee's right next door. I didn't see the graveyard the last reviewer mentioned but it was late when we arrived. Our room was very clean. Beds comfortable but too soft for my husbands standards. The room was very dark. The lobby is nicely decorated. There is a workout room with a bike, treadmill and stepper. There are individual televisions at each machine which I enjoyed. There is a small indoor pool. The shower took a long time to get warm. The toilet did not flush well. We ended up using the lobby bathroom. The morning breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Express choices and the food was good. Just a few minor new hotel glitches but overall a nice stay.

Stayed February 2014
We are happy to learn you had an "overall nice experience" at our Holiday Inn Express. Although I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and cleanliness, I am disappointed that your bathroom was not functioning as it should.

I will ensure we resolve those issues promptly, and I thank you for letting me know of the shortcomings.

We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Tifton!

Kind regards,
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this holiday inn express on our way from Florida to North Carolina. This was the first night that it was actually operated under the Holiday Inn express brand. It had been another chain before tonight. The linens were clean the carpet was cleaned but the bathrooms had mildew around the tub. We checked in at nine local time and our room keys wouldn't work we had to go back to the front desk to get new keys. The person checking us in checked me in under someone else's name which I caught when I signed in but had already paid for the room. The hotel backs up to a graveyard. Maybe it was just opening-night problems but we have stayed in numerous holiday Inn expresses across the United States and this was definitely not up to their brand.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kerry O
Kerry,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express. We did just open, but the issues you noted should not have happened and I apologize.

I will use your feedback to ensure all bathrooms are free of any mildew and our front desk readily identifies each customer going forward

I apologize again and hope we have another opportunity to serve you in the future.