“Convenient stop off Interstate”
Review of Quality Inn Tifton

Quality Inn Tifton
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here recently on our way down to Florida as an overnight rest, and also stayed here on our way back from Florida. It is right off I-75, and there is a lot of good food and some shopping right on this exit which makes it convenient. Good price for the rooms, the only thing I very much disliked is the gang of people outside our room smoking. There are smoking rooms available yet, people would hang out in front by our room and smoke for what seemed like all night long. On our way back from Florida I stated, "It's not like the same people will be there smoking again!" And they weren't, but new ones were! I couldn't believe it. They do however have a nice continental breakfast, but the area is so small and there are SO many people trying to get something to eat, it makes it kind of uncomfortable. Especially with a child. But if you go at the right time it will be a better experience. The pool is also open 24 hours a day apparently. Which would be nice to be able to go sit in the hot tub for a few quiet moments late at night after a long da of driving, but I couldn't because I could hear children screaming and splashing all the way from my room. Not a place I would go for the stay, but if you're looking for an okay stop on your way to somewhere else it works.

Room Tip: To stay away from all the smokers that hang out outside and at the corners, if I ever stayed here ag...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
KULWANT B, Manager at Quality Inn Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for staying at our Hotel and very much appreciate your feedback.We have noted your suggestions for breakfast seating and now offer additional seating in the lobby and pool area. It is a challenge for a hotel to accommodate the needs of smokers and non-smokers. The property has dedicated 15% of its rooms to smokers in a specific area of the hotel. We have also instituted a no noise policy from 10:00pm-7:00am. If you have a noise issue, please call the front desk and they will immediately address the issue. We look forward to your next visit to the Quality Inn Tifton and enjoy our new flat screen televisions.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Quality Inn King rd Tifton, GA

Stayed here on Sat, June 22, 2013. I used a coupon from one of the green hotel travel books. The coupon rate was $57.....but adding taxes brought it up to $61.59.
The Property was easy to find, right off I75. The check in young lady was friendly, and efficient. The lobby was clean, with an indoor pool right off it. 24 Hr coffee was free...and not that bad, but not that good, a bit on the weak side....but they did use half and half creamers, and not the powder stuff.
I was assigned Rm 107. This King Bed room is one of two (the other is #109) in an exterior hall, and has a scenic view of......well it's directly a few feet across from the ice machine, and vending machines. It was very dark. The room, of course, is also very dark....but there are enough lights (4, plus the big one over the vanity, and bath) to brighten it up, so it was okay....but nothing to see out the window!! I was afraid it would be a very loud location, and it was, whenever anybody got ice....very loud....but by 11PM it quieted right down. The room appeared clean, and had a mixture of old, and very old furniture , an older microwave, a newer clean, refrigerator with small freezer, desk with chair, and another "easy chair". The bed was comfortable enough...but the pillows were very small, and could use improvement....probably replacement.
The stone vanity sink outside the bathroom was clean, and ample, with a big mirror and wall mounted hair dryer. A full length, and another mirror were in the room. The bathroom was clean. The towels, although big enough, were thin, and on the yellowish, dingy, side. They provided 2 of each, bath, hand, and wash cloths.
The A/C worked well, and not that noisy.

The wall mounted TV (Vizio 32" flat screen) had spotty reception. Some channels were fine, others came in really bad. HBO was nearly unwatchable, at times.
The WI-FI internet connected very easily, was reliable, and average speed.

The breakfast area was fairly small, clean, and part of the lobby. The eggs, and breakfast link sausage were actually pretty good. The standard motel fare was available, and plentiful. At 7:30 there were only a few people there...but again, the coffee was on the weak side.

My big disappointment with this motel was what I call the "BLACK FEET SYNDROME" . The carpet appeared to be older, but in fairly good shape,...BUT.....don't walk barefooted, unless you're okay with dirty, black feet....it was pretty dirty!

For the price-point this hotel was clean, (except for the carpet), and okay for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Recently I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel which is the motivation for sharing the experience--wonderful!! The hospitality was warm and sincere. The accommodations were spotlessly clean and fresh. Everything worked (which is not the case at even the best hotels). And the complimentary continental breakfast was just right with superb coffee and orange juice better than I have had in Florida. In short, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at Hilton, Ramada, Hampton,
Wyndham, Omni, and others here and abroad. But truth be told last night this place took the blue ribbon. Best toilet paper ever. Great indoor pool with a hot tub. Just a lovely free hot breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the second visit to this hotel in two years. It is located very close to Interstate 75 and is very quiet and safe. I found the room to be clean, well kept and the breakfast tasty - as at most Quality Inns. This hotel has a very nice 24-hour indoor heated swimming pool and hot tub right off the lobby, making it very convenient to swim in the morning or afternoon. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it's great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The front desk staff were very nice upon check in. Although we had made a reservation on line they allowed us to use a coupon for a $15.00 discount. The rooms need some updating. The ice machine did not work. The indoor pool, although nice was very crowded all evening with kids. The breakfast was fine (although the toaster did not work). There was only one girl working the breakfast station and since it was crowded they were running out of things...like OJ and yogurt.
Would probably think twice before staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm not picky about hotels, especially one I plan to sleep at for one night and nothing else. This was a stopover for us on our way to Orlando. The room was a nice size. It looked a little worn, but okay. The tv remote was missing and when I called the front desk, they told me I had to come get it from them. I wish they had given it to me at check-in, but that really wasn't such a big deal. The reason I gave this hotel a terrible rating is it was very dirty. When I got my four year old son out of bed the next morning, the bottoms of his feet were black! I had just gotten out of the shower and I checked my feet: also black. I told my husband to look at his and they were nasty, too. We all cleaned our feet and put our shoes on for the rest of the morning. I couldn't believe how disgusting that carpet was. I would never go back to this hotel.

We did not use the pool, so I cannot comment on it. The breakfast wasn't great. I have eaten lots of Choice Hotels' free breakfasts and the quality of this one fell below others, however, we each managed to find something to keep us going until lunch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family