“Friendly, like new, comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff, great location right off the interstate, their redo is almost complete, nice room with plenty of desk space and electrical outlets, nice selection of nearby restaurants, will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and really glad you plan to stay with us again! We're excited about the renovation and look forward to completing it in the next week. We'll see you on your next trip through Tifton! Safe travels! ~Keith

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Under Renovation But All Rooms Are Complete And Brand New , Check In Was Fast And Easy , Slept Like A Baby, Will Stay Every Trip By This Location.. Lots Of Places To Eat Within Walking Distance.....Easy Acess To I75....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hello Mr. Gary. I remember speaking with you in the lobby during your stay! I really appreciate your kind comments, and I want to thank you for taking the time to make them. We will be looking for your return, and we can't wait to see you again! Until then, be safe and enjoy your travels. ~Keith

Reviewed January 9, 2014

There was construction at this hotel when I stayed, and I was worried there may be some noise. Nikia McCoy made sure I had a top floor room, and even asked us to make sure our stay was comfortable the night before. I could tell her concern was genuine, and I am glad that she valued me and my wife as customers. The next time I pass through Tifton, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Mr. Dan, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your patience while we continue to work on the renovation. I will be sure to let Nikia know you valued her level of service as well. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit! ~Keith

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Burned some Marriott Rewards points for a night's stay on the way to holidays. It was late, we were driving, and just needed somewhere to crash. Kind of a bargain as far as points go.

Everything was just as we expected. Check in was smooth and fast. Room was clean and well appointed. Bed was actually very good. Ample towels, water pressure. Heat worked just fine. Rooms were quiet even though the hotel is very close to the interstate and on a very busy exit. Free internet worked consistently with good coverage. Employees were friendly, competent, and professional. Free breakfast was a little better than we expected.

It's Marriott's bargain brand, so it's not a five star hotel. But it was very good and just as we expected.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you, Klomo, for the great feedback. We are all very glad our property met your needs! Please come back and visit with us again in the future, and thank you for choosing to stay with us!
~Keith

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here because there wasn't room at my folks, and I probably slept better! We booked it a few days before, and it's a good thing, because when we arrived there was a sign on the door that they were sold out. We used our Marriott Rewards. We weren't going to be checking in until late so I called the front desk to see if we could check in over the phone or online, as we expected our daughter to be fast asleep when we arrived. The young man who answered said no worries it'd just take him a minute to check us in. He had to have the card we used to reserve the reservation. Sooo... We arrived at 10pm. and Shaady lived up to his promise.. took no time to check-in. We were able to carry her up and deposit her sound asleep onto the bed. They are in the middle of a renovation, and we were VERY lucky to get one of the newly done up rooms. They are VERY nice. Nice new carpet, new tile, wallpaper the works. There are PLENTY of power outlets in the room and a nice comfy bed. Our only problems were the toilet just didn't want to flush that next morning, and our phones/ipad just would not connect to the wifi. I ran downstairs to let the front desk know about the wifi, he reset the wifi in an attempt to get it working, but it just wouldn't. We had no problems in the morning, so it could have been that they were full, and the system just couldn't handle all the traffic. Oh.. the only other issue was that they ran out of scrambled eggs in the morning. The gal working the breakfast explained that they had had a crazy busy weekend and that the truck that morning just didn't bring more. So in the future make note to have just a bit extra around for those holiday weekends. It wasn’t that big a deal, they had boiled eggs and plenty of everything else. We ate fine.

I totally recommend this hotel for a stopover or an extended stay in Tifton. I also liked that this hotel is not RIGHT next to the interstate. It's a few blocks in, that helps with the noise. Also, there is a Cracker Barrel right across the street if the free breakfast just isn't enough for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Shaady and I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our property on Tripadvisor. Your feedback helps us get better and provides helpful information about our hotel to other travelers. Thank you for stopping in and staying with us, and we hope you will come back soon. Hopefully, we will have plenty of scrambled eggs for you! ( By the way, thanks for taking it easy on Nicole; she got killed that weekend!) Also, the renovation will be completed in the next few weeks, and I think you would like the results. Tell you friends to stop in as well! Until we see you again . . .
Safe travels! ~Keith

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We got this deal on Priceline. The hotel is nice, however we were given a 1 bed room and there were 3 of us. We requested a room with 2 beds and were told we would have to pay an additional 20 to move to another room. This is just the policy that they have with Priceline even though the hotel was not crowded and they could have switched us. We requested a roll out bed for our son and they accommodated us without an additional charge. The room was nice and updated. Everything was clean and there was a mini fridge in the room. I would like to mention one individual who exceeded our expectations. Her name is Nicole and she was the person handling the breakfast. She had the most pleasant smile and attitude. She went above and beyond to greet and make everyone's dining experience pleasurable. She even brought bacon to our table even though we didn't ask her to. This is what I call real southern hospitality, something I hadn't seen in a while. Her attitude more than made up for the nonchalant attitude of the young lady that checked us in. The breakfast was decent. Hampton Inn still has the best breakfast in Tifton though :-)

Stayed: December 2013
Fairfield Inn T... G, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Travelgirl,
Hello there. I'm glad that our hotel was nice and clean to standards. I am glad that our breakfast attendant was good enough to make up for the difference in our front desk staff. I do apologize about the lack of communication with Priceline. Priceline works by bidding on a room and we only give them certain rooms to sell. When we change the room type the room rate also changes so that is where the $20 came into play. Most times however instead of booking through a third party website we would prefer you contact the hotel directly, we will in most cases match the rate for you so that you are guaranteed the proper room type. I'm glad that Nicole made your stay wonderful and I hope that you all will come back to visit our hotel once the renovation is completed.
~Stephanie

Reviewed December 2, 2013

On our way home from a week-long visit with family in southern Florida, my cousin and I stayed here overnight. This is just about the halfway point for our trip back to central Ohio. Great location, very nice staff and nicely appointed rooms. The only thing we noticed was that we did not have a hair dryer - and we both have rather long hair, so we had to let it air dry. No big deal. My bed was super comfy; I usually have trouble falling asleep but my head hit the pillow and I was out. I appreciate that - a comfortable mattress makes all the difference. Front desk staff were all very nice; we had the pleasure of meeting three different young ladies in our 12 hour stay. All were very nice and had beautiful smiles! The only iffy thing about this hotel was the breakfast. Not much to eat, and what they did have was just eh, so-so. They only served until 9:30 on Sunday; keeping it open until 10:00 would be more accommodating so I could sleep in another half hour. :-) The server needed to refill the scrambled egg tray a bit faster. I waited about 15 minutes and it was never refilled. There are restaurants nearby, so you can always go elsewhere. Other than that - VERY nice hotel.

Room Tip: Great location. I requested a room on a lower floor near the elevator. I got 2nd floor directly acro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad you had a nice stay with us. I'm terribly sorry about the hair dryer and the issues with breakfast though. We are in the middle of a renovation, which I'm sure you noticed, and if you were in a renovated room it is likely that we missed mounting the dryer in that room. It was an oversight that I regret, but I'm glad you got through it. Weekends are tough for the breakfast attendants since we tend to have more families staying with us, and it's hard to keep up with demand sometimes. I apologize that the eggs were not ready in time for you to enjoy them. I do hope you will come back as see us again someday. We would love for you to see the lobby and breakfast room renovation when it is complete! Until then, I hope you have safe and enjoyable travels! ~Keith