“Hair and noise and not the good 80's hair band type”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed only one night in this room and I was thankful for that. The bathroom had hair (that was not mine) in many locations. Doesn't really give you the clean, sanitary conditions you want. The bed was hard but I am not too picky on those things.

I was here on a business trip and the only day I had to sleep in, or so I thought. The walls are thin, unless the people above me where dinosaurs in disguise. The doors also slam shut making it loud with people coming in and out. If that wasn't enough, the housekeeper knocked and 9:00am and I told them to come back later. They then came again at 9:30am and actually walked into the room. At this point, I gave up trying to get some rest and packed up and left. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

I regret that you were disturbed on your one day to sleep in. The staff certainly does not want or mean to inconvenience our guests, ever! We do appreciate your feedback, however, and we will address these issues immediately so they are not repeated! Thanks again!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at this location on the way home from March break and was a little disappointed with my overall experience.

I know this brand is on the lower end on the totem pole of the Marriott family but personally don't think its meeting the Marriott standards.

The room I had was very tired looking - Scuff marks on wall behind TV, ripped window shade. Also the room has basic window unit heating and cooling controls. So you either have to constantly turn the unit off and on or leave the fan in heat or cool all night.

Also the night we were there there were there were multiple train horns within a short period of time. I'm a sound sleeper but my wife tells me there were more overnight. Perhaps try the front of the property to get away from this.

We came in late at night so I don't have any evaluation of the fitness facilities. I did notice the tiny outdoor hot tub has been filled in as a planter of some sort.

Breakfast was only average.

Staff were professional and pleasant. Lobby is beautiful and welcoming - time to spend some money on the rooms!

One thing the property does have going for it is its close proximity to i75 and many amenities.

Room Tip: Stay away from back of hotel, train horns!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us your feedback. I'm sorry about the train noise as well as the room issues. We are renovating the room this year though, and we're very excited about that. I'm glad the staff was pleasant, and I'll let them know you commented on them. Thanks for staying with us, and we hope you will come back again soon! Until then, be safe in your travels.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The room was to small, it didn't come with everything it should've for that price, the air conditioner didn't work well, the breakfast wasn't stocked properly and they didn't do anything to restock it when there were complaints.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lulu131619

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry your stay wasn't what you expected. We will work on the issues you brought up, and hopefully you will give us another try some day soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

After an exhausting trip, I booked a suite at this hotel. The hotel is clean and quiet and is above average for this chain. The front desk person was above average: professional but quite personable.. The suite is nicely appointed with a large sitting area and comfortable couch. The televisions in the room are all flat screen models and there is a huge selection of channels to watch. The suite has a microwave, coffee maker, and small refrigerator.

I have no complaints about this hotel However, I do have some issues with the chain in general. I feel that Marriott treats this chain as a bare bones hotel. For example, the hotel only provides shampoo and conditioner with two small bars of soap. It would be nice if hand cream would be included. Also, I rise much earlier than my wife and usually book a suite so I can do some work while my wife sleeps However,, the Fairfield Inn has not enclosed the sleeping area from the seating area so that if I work in that separate area the light disturbs my wife. A wall with a door, such as is done in Carlson's Country Inn and Suites, would make this a big plus.

In any event I make this trip several times a year and many of the hotels in the area are not as quiet as this one.

If you want a good night's sleep in a clean room this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk person for a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments. We are all very pleased that you had a great stay with us, and we do hope to see you back again soon! In the meantime, be safe on the road and enjoy your travels!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rooms are clean and staff friendly and attentive. Rooms without the basic amenities are a draw back though
No microwaves or refrigerstors, ok if you just need to rest your head for the night.....
Close to freeway and plenty of restaurant, Wal-Mart too.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are excited to let everyone know that in the latter part of April we will begin renovating our hotel, which means every room will have the amenities you mentioned. I hope you will come visit us after that is finished. Thanks again for your comments. Safe travels!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great bed - Quiet Room - Great restaurant recommendations from Front Deck. Their morning breakfast was a great value for the package that included their deluxe breakfast. The assortment of food was better than most. I would recommend this hotel for people traveling to Florida for the spring break.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hello Greg S.! Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey! You said some very nice things that I will share with the staff. All of us are glad you had a great experience at our hotel, and we hope you will stop in and see us again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Arrived aroung 10PM tired and traffic worn to be greeted by a smiling friendly competent desk clerk an older caucasian lady who recognized my platinum marriott status and was informative and welcoming. However from their the room was tired and the heating/air unit incredibly noisy waking me several times. Next morning the breakfast featured bannas that were not ripe (refigerated to death), no skim milk and so so cleanliness. The price point is mid range for Fairfield but the quality is well below great properties such as Elkin NC.

Room Tip: As about the noise of the air unit in advance.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at our property. Taking time out of one's day to post a review is not something most people can afford to do, but you did, and we appreciate it! We would like to invite you back after our renovation has been completed this summer! While you're here, take a moment to introduce yourself to the management team and the staff, so we can all get to know you better and customize your stay more efficiently. In the meantime, happy travels!