“Great hotel for business travelers”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past couple of months and I have not had a bad experience yet! The staff is always friendly and responsive and since I am here often for multiple days, I feel like I am returning home when I come back to my room.
I usually request the King room with the separate sitting room and I love it! I am always able to get a great nights sleep and the bed is really comfortable.
I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

We are so pleased and privileged to be considered your home away from home when you're traveling on business! Also, it's wonderful that you are able to enjoy your Suite so much. It makes us proud to know that you, and others like you, continue to come back because of the friendly service and the staff's responsiveness to your needs. You will always have a home with us here at the Fairfield Inn, and thank you so much for recommending us to everyone!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here in early January 2013. All the staff members were exceptionally nice. The common areas were fine. The room was looking a little tired with torn bed skirt & window blinds, and a window a/c unit with broken bits. Our room at the back of the hotel faced a relatively quiet side street, luckily. It was pretty easy to hear everything outside.
The front desk clerk informed me that (she was looking forward to) the facility was slated for renovation in early 2013, so at least Planet Marriott appears to addressing these things.
Nothing major, the hotel needs an update and it appears to be coming soon. Okay.
The staff at this one and the one in Valdosta (about 50 miles south) make it worth coming back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway may be quieter because the hotel is farther back from I-75, and there is a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you guys for taking the time to give us your feedback. You said some very nice things, and we appreciate it very much. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Until then, happy and safe travels Mojo and the Band!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great clean room, a little more expensive than the next door Tifton Inn by about $20. Good quality room with convenience to the interstate, standard breakfast in the morning. Don't eat the Jimmy Dean things that you microwave, you are only supporting the Charmin stock price by doing so.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here on way to Florida (driving) for a quick overnighter. We try to stay at Marriots on our trips but will pass on this Fairfiled next trip. The man at the counter was ok - just ok - not friendly, not mean, just blah........it would be nice to see a smile when you're tired getting off the road. The room was just ok - dirtly washcloth was found draped over the shower curtain. The drape over the box spring was torn - ripped about two feet long & laying on the floor. I can't belive whoever made the bed didn't see it or try to hide it or tuck it in......wow. We were a little disappointed but were too tired to bring this to anyones attention. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Some of these thing have been addressed, and the rest are in process. However, your feedback is very important to us, and we're glad you took the time to fill out this survey. Happy travels!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a nice clean friendly hotel right off of I75 with a good breakfast buffet. There is a Applebee's across the parking lot. Also other nearby restaurants! There is also a new convenient mart and gas station righ in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a King room and got it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn T... G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I want to take a moment to thank you for your comments! It is rewarding for us to get feedback from our guests. We hope you guys will visit with us again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here when we were in town for a wedding. The lobby appeared clean enough, the staff at the front desk weren't rude, but weren't exactly friendly either. Our room was basic, but appeared clean, though in need of an update. However, upon entering the bathroom, we noticed a bad smell - kind of musty and sour. We finally found a leak under the sink and the area on the floor where the water had pooled was moldy and smelled. (appeared to have been there for a while) The tile in the shower had cracked as had the ceiling. They had attempted to repair the damage (poorly) and there was mold growing on the ceiling. Normally, we would have complained or changed hotels, but we were here with a large group of family and since it was just for one night, we chose to stay. There was a breakfast bar offered in the morning (muffins, doughnuts, juice, coffee, etc) which was o.k. The hot water for the tea was tepid and the man tending the buffet was less than friendly. We would not choose to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I'm sorry you had a poor experience with our hotel. We will continue to improve the quality of our product because of people like you who take the time to give us feedback. We really appreciate it, and we hope to see you again someday! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel two weeks ago and returned this weekend. Had a problem with front desk. After I checked in I was in the room checking my bank account on the internet and noticed that the room had been charged to my account already(about 30 min) The charge was $130. The price of the room was quoted as $94.00 plus tax of $12.00 for a total of $106.00. I went to the desk and asked about it. I was told that I used a debit card so they add 20.00 in case I use the phone and call long distance. I was shown a sign on the counter stating debit card users would have $20.00 added to the bill and my bank would return it to me in several weeks. This is Bull crap. I have never run in to this anywhere before. told the young lady that my card could be used as credit or debit.She said that your computer could not recognize this. I then told her that it still did not add up to $130.00 it was $126.00. She informed me that your stupid computer rounded it off to $130.00. She was not in the least bit interested in my little problem.I asked if there was a manager on duty, she said there was one in the building somewhere but did not offer to get the person for me. She had a BAD ATTITUDE. With unimployment the way it is, I am sure you could get better. I will be going through Tifton in two weeks and again two weeks after that.I will pay more and stay at the Country Inn or somewhere else. You can bet that I will never stay with you again. By the way,the coffee pot does not work in room 103. The Hotel is nice but some employees are bad.

Room Tip: Do not use debit card. They don't trust you if you don't use a regular credit card.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn T... G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I'm sorry this was an inconvenience for you, but there is nothing we can do about this. A preauthorization amount as you described is placed on every card that is used at this hotel, every other Marriott hotel, and many other hotel brands, as well; it's a standard procedure. Once a guest checks out, the amount of the hold that exceeds the charge, plux tax and any incidental charges the guest may have accrued, is released by the card issuer. All of this is explained, for your convenience, on the sign posted at the front desk as a courtesy for travelers who visit us, so they will know what is happening with their money.