“Worth the visit”

Saigon Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 116 Restaurants in Tifton
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We eat here frequently. The food is good, menu pretty varied. The decor is really cute. Staff is generally friendly. If you order take-out though, be prepared to wait.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I love this place. The food is awesome and cooked perfectly. Everything is fresh and tasty. The portions are plenty. I left very full. I had the Panang Curry which is excellent. The service is friendly and prompt. The prices are very good. The atmosphere is beautiful and calming. I have nothing bad to say and will go here as often as I can. My husband ordered the pepper steak which I sampled and it was very good as well.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Found this place by accident when we were traveling through Tifton and so happy we did. My son had the Orange Chicken and it was so good (one of the best I have tried). My husband & I had the Tofu Coconut Peanut Butter Curry and it was wonderful. The only thing I was not crazy about was the Tofu Coconut Soup, it was missing something and not like any thai coconut soup we have ever had. Will certainly stop here again if we are in the area. Also must add that the decor is beautiful, like stepping into Thailand!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Friendly staff. Food is always fresh and delicious. Enjoy ordering "family style" with a group to try everything on the menu.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

First of all, the food here is good -- at least the four in our dinner party were all pleased. If a restaurant serves good food, all other ills can be corrected... I think. Well, here are the ills I would work on:
1. The portions are too small. $5.00 worth of rice could feed Khan's hordes. So, why not
A bit more than a small saucer? Why not a small steamer pot like so many Oriental
restaurants use?
2. The fried rice served with entrees is very bland, just a bit of soy stirred in, no
vegetables. The entree fried house is really good and bountiful with lots of goodies
In it.
3. The menu is pretty difficult to navigate and/or decipher . There are Vietnamese, Thai,
Chinese selections, too many of each, in my opinion, and it's difficult to tell which
choice fits with which cuisine, especially the side orders and appetizers.
4. I never enjoy making critical comments about the wait staff. It's a hard job and I don't
I would be able to handle the job exceptionally well. That being said, this was our
secnd visit to Saigon Kitchen, the first being about three weeks prior. On our first
visit, I dismissed our deficient service as the result of a new server trying to learn
the job. However, this visit, we had the same server -- hadn't learned a thing!
He didn't know the menu, didn't offer or serve water, got the orders confused and,
most irritating of all, two of us were served and had to wait for several minutes before
The other two of us were served. And finally, several minutes into our meal, after
having to ask, our entree of house fried rice arrived. Then, our waiter was back,
"Everything okay, folks?" every three or four minutes -- overly attentive to the point
of irritation. In case you wonder.... no, the place wasn't crowded, not even one in five
tables occupied.
In summary, if Saigon Kitchen is willing to address these few, easily correctable issues, they will have a top notch restaurant. There's not a really good Thai or Vietnamese restaurant anywhere around that I'm aware of so... They have a good shot at dominating the area for about a fifty mile radius around Tifton, GA. In the meantime, give them a try. The food is good.

Been to Saigon Kitchen? Share your experiences!