Days Inn & Suites Tifton
$49
$154
$139
$54
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancontinental breakfasttwo double bedstrip homeyogurtbiscuits and gravypleasant staywould stay againstaff was very friendly and helpfulfridge and microwavewe've stayedconvenient locationnight's sleepovernight stopgreat place to stayoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I work in the hospitality industry and am very picky about certain things. I watch. We switched hotels when we arrived in Tifton to stay at the Days Inn. The lobby was nice, staff was always there and provided Excellent help and conversation! Erica was great! Smiling, nice, and wonderful effecient service at the same time. Good room, good space for my kids, and I would go back. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
daystifton, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

Thank You for your kind words. My staff member was ecstatic her name was used in your survey. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Management and Staff
Days Inn Tifton

Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from visiting family and I was agitated almost from the minute we walked in the door. The front desk clerk was very rude to us about the price of the room. She also answered the phone once while we were there and was rude to the person on the other end of the line as well. If we hadn't been so tired or were staying for more than one night I probably would have just gone to a different hotel. My first impression with this clerk had me not expecting much from the rest of the hotel.

Since the clerk was the only staff we really encountered I can't comment on the friendliness of the rest of the staff. Our room was clean and comfortable, the tv and wi-fi both worked well. The doors to the rooms are all inside which gave us a nice sense of security. I found the beds to be comfortable and I slept well, didn't have any problem with noise from I75. The air conditioning in the room worked just fine, though the heat in the hallways had me concerned that the ac wasn't going to work.

The pool is shared with the Ramada next door. I was not comfortable with crossing the parking lot to get to it. It did look quite small to be shared between two larger hotels.

We did get a wakeup call that we did not ask for, so whoever asked for it probably didn't wake up that morning. At least not on time. Checked out the breakfast bar and decided to pass on it. Breakfast was mainly cereal with an unlabeled type of milk, some danishes, and toast and waffles that were being kept in a storage bin that one would likely see in an office for putting papers in. Juice, coffee, and some odd looking apples were also available. Most of it looked unappetizing if not inedible.

For the short of it, if you want friendly service, a nice place to swim, and a yummy brekfast in the morning, skip this place. If you just want a good nights sleep, a clean place to rest, and don't mind rude desk clerks, this is a fine spot.

• Stayed: July 2010
daystifton, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

On behalf of my staff I sure would like to offer my apology. The nature of our business is customer service and when we fail from the minute someone walks in the door not acceptable. Please know your issues were addressed. When one fails we all fail.

I thank you for your kind remarks regarding your accommodations in the guest room. After such a bad experience at the door a lot of travelers would not have been so kind.

We continue to make a conscious effort to improve our breakfast. While we don't have a hot breakfast we try real hard to be above standards because we know this area is one of the last impressions the guest will have of us.

I thank you for all your comments so I know areas of our operations I need to focus on.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

Clean, safe environment. Wonderful accommodations. Room was well equiped and very nicely done. The staff was friendly and helpful. The first place we've stayed on numerous trips where the front desk called our room within 20 minutes of check-in to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. They made our visit enjoyable and we will return again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Got this room for $40 on a Tuesday night. Hotel is right next to interstate but did not hear the trafffic at least. Breakfast 'buffet' was a collection of old danish and bagels with cold cereal and one type of milk along with juices. That's it. One concern was that when we were leaving the staff noticed our dog (which is permitted at this hotel for an extra $10) and said that we needed to pay for it. I asked why as it did not mention a fee on their home site and they responded that they needed to wash the sheets and pillowcases along with vacumming the carpet when they have dogs stay over! Obviously a concern as do they not do this otherwise???? Room was also damp/musty smelling and windows do not open to air it out.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I just stayed here for a couple days on business. It is my first time staying here and my first time in many years staying at a Day's Inn. I paid about $60.00 a night before taxes and the cleanliness of the hotel is pretty good. My room was spacious, and the mini fridge and microwave was nice to have. They did have fast wireless internet, which was nice. Location is very good too. Just off I75 right next to Chick Fil A and Waffle House, with a Cracker Barrel just on the other side of I75 and quite a few restaurants to choose from for dinner or lunch. However, for the quality of my sleep here and my experience with the many hotels I stay in throughout the year they should charge about $15 a night lower for just the basic bed alone. Remember those firm dark blue mattresses, well that is what I slept on and I woke up about every 30 minutes all night long. Pillows were fair, but could have had a couple softer. There was a smell in the room when I entered that I could not put my finger on, but it was not too bad because after 10 minutes or so I did not notice it any more, but each time I left and returned there it was again. The front staff was very nice, but a little unprofessional, however I give them the benefit of the doubt since I'm sure they are not getting paid too much and sitting behind a counter can be boring if there is nothing better to do. A few of the times I was in the lobby, the ladies were on the business center internet that should be for guests, or watching TV, but did hurry to the counter to take care of business. If the hotel would upgrade the mattresses and polish up the details this would be a nice hotel, but as is I can give it a fair rating at best. I will likely try another hotel on my next trip to the area for comparison, so for now I'm not going to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business