“Rate hike is ridiculous”

Days Inn & Suites Tifton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Chickamauga
“Rate hike is ridiculous”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We recently stayed in Tifton for the Sunbelt Ag expo. The rate was ridiculous. $140.00 per night. The same room is 59.95 now. Rate hike of this amount should not be allowed. The government stepped in when gas companies did price gouging and should do the same here. I travel a lot with my job, and am a wyndham rewards member. I will be staying with them anymore. Here I come choicehotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Charlotte_410, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Once a year every year we have a special event that raises our rates to the peak rate. Not just this hotel but every hotel in our area. The rates for this event are loaded well in advance. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again.

Charlotte M. Fall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Looked for a hotel that would accept large dogs, after stopping at 3 other chains and turned away, this hotel was very pet friendly. There is a pet fee but that is certainly fair. There was space to walk the dogs. We had no problem getting a ground floor efficiency with fridge and microwave. Hotel is fairly new and very clean. Rooms are on inner hallways. There is still construction next door but that didn't bother us. Staff were very efficient and friendly. They had free wi-fi but I never could manage to get an internet connection. I used the computer in the lobby. Parking was a bit scant. Overall, location was very handy, close to restaurants and interstate. We appreciated the pet friendly policy as everyone was very tired.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte_410, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank You for your kind comments. We try to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guest. We are delighted that you chose our hotel. I'm glad you didn't give up trying to find a pet friendly hotel. We do have alot of restaurants and now Olive Garden will be here soon. The construction on the service station is just about done and then Our New Holiday Inn will be built. Tifton is still growing and thats always good news. We hope to see you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The rooms were a pretty good value. The hotel next door was partially demolished but not fenced off from this property. Homeless people were seen there. Glass and debris all over the place. It was a huge safety hazard. The biggest complaint is that the lighting in the rear parking lot wasn't working properly. There were only two lights and they were both off most of the time. One light would stay on for only about a minute and the second one for two or three minutes before going dark again. I reported it the front desk only to be told that the lights were set to go on and off every 6 minutes to save electricity. Even if they were working like that, which they weren't, that would be rediculous. The lot was very dark, felt unsafe and caused most guests to not want to park back there. Even worse, the same problem existed on my last saty in October 2011. I would probably not stay here again due to this safty issue.

1 Thank R G
Charlotte_410, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am so sorry we failed to meet your expections. We have reported the problem with the lights to Georgia Power several times. We also sent our vendor contact with Georgia Power a copy of your review. I will find our who made the comment about the lights being set to go on ad off. Thats, as you said, rediculous. I can promise that comment is incorrect. I am positive should you be kind enough to stay here again we will have the lights on.

MIAMI SHORES
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The afternoon/evening front desk staff was exceptional. She was friendly, professional and extremely effective at listening and solving guest's problems. I think her name was "Tricia" or "Trisha".

The front desk staff on duty at check out on the morning of 10/4/2012, was less impressive.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Trish is a treasure. She was so pleased to see your review. I love...love...love our video system. Our associate who checked you out that morning could see and hear and "learn how to identify her weaknesses and improve our guest services. Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this to attention. We hope to see you again soon.

ORLANDO
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The service and personnel were very professional and accommodating. We were traveling with a Great Dane puppy and had no problem walking in and getting a first floor room for my wife, Jane the puppy and me.
The room was fine for our purposes.
There is a lot of construction going on in the area, part of it right next to the existing rooms. It was a weekend so there were no workmen present and no noise.
The entrance at that the construction end of the building required walking thru the construction area. Not a great idea I would think.
Our stay was uneventful, but I would not let my wife walk the dog outside without being with her.
This has no reflection on the staff, they did a great job.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Charlotte_410, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tifton, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank You so much for your kind comments about our staff. The good news is that the construction on the south side of our parking lot is just about done. The bad news is moving our pool and building our new Holiday Inn is going to take awhile. We did just install some extra lights at the west end of property so that will help alot. I keep telling everyone and myself the end results will be well worth it. We sure hope to see you again.
Leawood
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Front Desk Staff was friendly but the service was slow.
The outside walks were not lighted and a safety issue at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank You so much for sharing your comments and concerns with us. We are aware of the problem with the lights and as we speak they are being repaired. We are so sorry that it wasn't repaired sooner. I still have to research as to why the service was slow. I promise to look into this. And again I apologize for any inconveniece. Hopefully you will still keep us in mind should you be traveling into our area again.