“Menu changes and it would seem more salt”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #16 of 110 Restaurants in Tifton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Longhorn is a chain that runs very good restaurants and I have enjoyed stopping at them for years. From time to time they change the menu and my favorite chicken dish the Sierra was replaced by one covered in cheese - too much cheese. In addition, it was very salty and not something I will order again. The remainder of the meal, the loaded potato soup and the molten lava chocolate desert were grand. So today, I would give the meal a three star rating and wonder why the chef/recipe calls for so much salt. Salt is a wonderful thing, if you don't have enough - a little shake and your all set. If you have too much, your out of luck. My suggestion, salt sparingly and let the customer add to taste.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

food was overly seasoned with salt and pepper, too much for me. service is not the best. not going for a third time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a long day at the dog show we stopped on the way home to celebrate with a nice steak!!
Waitress came we told her we were in a bit of a hurry, ordered drinks and dinner all right then.
We were done with our salads when they set people cross the aisle from us. The new people ordered drinks and later ordered their food. Their food was served and we were still waiting for ours. After inquiring where our food was 3 times we finally got up and left. We only had had water and salad and offered to pay, manager comped it which he should have. Bottom line we didn't eat and arrived home hungry. had to order a pizza.

1  Thank Vickie J
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a business trip with 7 others so we decided to eat there after a long day. We were seated quickly, the server took our orders and did a pretty good job helping our large group. I ordered the small filet with a baked potato and ordered it medium rare. It came out more rare then what I was expecting, not horrible but more chewy. Everything else was ok, nothing dramatic. The service was good as stated for our large group.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We eat here often and are loyal customers. The food is always good and served hot. The staff is very warm & friendly and I almost never have a complaint. Their only major flaw is that sometimes the food is served to quickly and by someone other than the waitress. On at least 2 occasions the main course arrived at about the same time as the salad which I hate. You then have to rush to eat the salad or you food is cold. The bar can be a little slow at times but otherwise it is a good place to get a good steak.

1  Thank TAPATifton_Georgia