“Exceeded our expectations”

Pit Stop BBQ & Grill
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Tifton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband fancies himself a pretty good BBQer, so he's pretty picky and issues praise sparingly. The ribs (the meat fell completely off the bone with the slightest poke) elicited an immediate 'Wow' from him. Very juicy, tender and tasty. He did wish for a little smokier flavor, but was very happy. I had the jumbo pulled pork sandwich and while note as good as Williamson Bros in Marietta (my standard), I was pretty darn happy with it. Definitely ask for the spicy sauce and try the cucumber salad. The service was excellent - our waitress was friendly, helpful and attentive. She obviously wanted us to enjoy our meal. The décor inside is nothing to write home about, but who needs that in a BBQ place? I certainly don't. It was clean and neat and that works for me. It is right off I-75, so the location couldn't be more convenient for someone travelling through Tifton. Of note, they are open on Sundays. It's been hit or miss for us to find a good BBQ place open on Sundays in Georgia.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We travel through Tifton two or three times a year and usually try to make it an evening stopover just so we can eat at the Pit Stop, which we first visited about three years ago. Most often, we get our food as a carry out to take back to our motel room, where we can eat leisurely and messily. A slab of ribs and a half chicken platter with sides is our usual order, which then gives us some "road food" for the rest of the trip.

The Pit Stop has never failed to delight us! If we do "dine in", the staff is always friendly and efficient. (That's true when we pick up carry out too). BTW --- take home a bottle or two of sauce.

Recommended? Yes!!! Will we go again?? Yes!!

IowaBoy & ChicagoGirl

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The BBQ did not disappoint us. Very good pulled pork and cucumber salad. Ask for the spicy BBQ sauce. Very friendly staff. :)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Right off the interstate. Good, solid food. Nothing fancy but clean and neat. The service was good and the price fair.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ho Hum food ---- not horrible, just not very good. It may just be that I am not a fan of Georgia BBQ. Convenient to the motel I was staying at and that's about all I can say about it.