“Expected Better”

Howard Johnson Tifton
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Based on the Trip Advisor reviews, I had high hopes going into this property. I was disappointed. Rooms were only "surface cleaned" and a lot of grunge still was left in the corners of the floor and in the grout. The carpeteing throughout the hotel was full of stains and dirty. For the price -it was OK, but there are a LOT of hotels in this part of Georgia that offer rooms in the $29.00-$49.00 range, and I am sure that there are rooms out there that will exceed this one for the price. Staff was friendly, I will give them that. Hotel was loud, too, lots of kids running the halls as late as 11:00pm and again before 8:00am - granted, that is bad parenting, but it made for a restless night after driving all day.

Do book on-line, though, if you stay here (or at any Motel 6). They always have better rates if you book through the Internet. I saved $6.00 by cancelling my called-in reservation and making in on-line a month later.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank FunnyFisher
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Tifton

Reviewed May 14, 2009

We travel with a cat so our choices for lodging are limited. With Motel 6 it is always hit or miss. This Motel 6 is a nice surprise. The room was a bit small but had everything necessary. It was clean and comfortable. What more do you need? Don't you really prefer your own toiletries to what any hotel provides anyway? Save some money by staying here and you can go out to dinner.
The hotel is on the outskirts of town, but just down the road you can find almost every restaurant you would want.
We will return next year when traveling between north and south.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guavagirlKW
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Stopped here for 1 night, on the way to Florida. Pulled into the parking lot and booked it on laptop, using their internet, to get better rate than walk in. Staff were very friendly, room was very clean, bed was comfortable. Looks like the room was decorated fairly recently. Good deal at $43.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank unbias_review
Reviewed January 13, 2007

Nice hotel with interior corridors. Gas station with 24 Hr restaurant right off the property. Easy access off freeway.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Nascarman88
Reviewed January 10, 2007

Unit was old and worn. It was generally clean but patched to the bathroom floor looked dirty until examined closely. The staff was were friendly and helpful. The carpet was clean but stained. The bedspread had several holes.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TransplantedBuckeye
Reviewed July 30, 2006

On a long road trip, all I was looking for was a clean, comfortable room close to the highway where I could shower and sleep. This was the place to do it!! I don't even know what is in Tifton, but I was travelling from North Georgia Mountains to Orlando and needed a place to sleep between, for cheap. So, I looked at Motel 6 on the internet and booked the clickit rate which I believe is the internet only rate at $39.00 per night. I was pleasantly suprised when I got there.

The area appeared to be safe, with a Waffle King and convenience store accross the lot. It is off the Highway, so some may be bothered by truck noise, but not me, I slept all night! For some reason, they gave us a hadicapped accessible room which is just fine with me because it was on the bottom floor, behind the reception desk. The wheelchair accessible shower was large and worked very well. The bathroom was huge.

The room was spacious for a Motel 6 room. It was clean and did not smell like smoke. (It was a non-smoking room, but some of them can still smell like smoke.) The airconditioner and all the plumbing worked very well. The TV was average if not small, but I was there to sleep, not watch TV. Our beds and pillows were comfortable, the linen and towels clean and adequate. I noticed that the ice and soda machines were centrally located and functioning properly. The front desk clerk was polite and friendly, and check-in took all of 60 seconds. I would stay here again, I'm sure!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple