Howard Johnson Tifton
Econo Lodge(Tifton)
$65
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanbagelscontinental breakfastnon smoking roomparking lotpleasant staystaff was friendlywould stay againfirst floorroad tripmotelhojotammyfridgefloridamidnightfreeway
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Needed a place to stay on our drive to Florida. This was perfect. Cost $50, was right off the interstate, clean, and free breakfast. No, it is not a fancy hotel, but it is a really nice place to stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Howard Johnson in Tifton Ga. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

All the spreads in Rm 202, 203 & 205 had nasty stains. The attendant told me to bring them downstairs and she would exchange for clean ones which I did. I asked for a plug for the tub as none of the tubs had plugs and you can see what she gave me. I did not take a bath as it did not look clean enough. The TV in Rm 202 did not work so we moved to Rm 205 with a working TV. Blanket was ripped and there was a hair (not mine which is blonde) on the bed. I had made the arrangements for my family and I was very embarrassed for my daughter and grandson. We were on our way to Disney for their birthdays. When I complained upon returning home, the manager said I should have left and asked for a refund -- problem was, I prepaid through priceline. Owner refused to give me a refund because I "enjoyed" the amenities of the room and breakfast bar -- well, won't be doing that again. No more Howard Johnsons and no more Priceline for me!! Photos are attached and speak for themselves.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Although this guest wasn't happy with their stay, we do have guest that compliments us very much on their stay. I sorry this guest had a bad experience with us. Our rooms are small but we don't have large rooms like the bigger brand Hotels do. Basic room with bed, bathroom and TV. We do wash the spreads and other linens in the room every time the rooms are rented, as far as the stains goes on the spreads, we spray them with stain remover but sometimes the stains won't come out. But that doesn't mean they are not clean.
Once again I do apologize this guest had a bad experience with us.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My co-worker warned me but I told her that I had read that the hotel had been refurbished. Well, if where we stayed was refurbished, I'd hate to see it before. The price was good, but NOT worth it at all. Pay a little more because it will be worth it. My sister did not even want to use the toilet. The beds were not comfortable and although the rooms stated they were non-smoking, the halls wreaked with the smell of cigarettes. The entrance and hallways smelled old. It did not smell clean or vacuumed. The young lady that checked us in was pleasant, but I rated it average because of the rest of the experience there, which includes housekeeping. I have to admit the location is excellent, but if you have pets and smoke, maybe it wouldn't matter, but I don't have either and would not stay there again. Next time, if that was the only hotel available and super cheap, I'd rather sleep in my car and use the facilities at a rest stop.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Wow... I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and we do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guest. I can only offer my apologies at this time that we failed.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. Both ladies were extremely friendly. Our room was nicer than I expected. The room was very clean. Large bathroom. Coffee pot in room. Nice flat screen TV. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Thanks for letting others know your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.