“Previous poster said it best... "Ick!"” 1 of 5 bubbles

Scottish Inns
Scottish Inns
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Charleston
“Previous poster said it best... "Ick!"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

Staff was professional and courteous...

but THIS PLACE STINKS!!! The smell literally is nasty enough that it makes you want to instantly gag and puke. It's like a combination of cigarettes, stinky feet, sweaty armpits and incense. I wanted so bad to turn around and walk out, but it was 12:30am before we even arrived. My family and I were dead-tired from having driven over 12 hours. Thankfully, hubby had packed a bottle of Fabreze in the truck. Hosed this place down several times with it and told everyone to sit still so as not to stir up the stench more.

Now, on to other things for those brave souls like us...

Amenities in the room included hair dryer, refrigerator and secure wi-fi (have to get the password from the front desk.) Mattresses are perfect for anyone with a back that requires rock-solid support --- sheets appeared clean (bedspreads got tossed in the corner just to be on the safe side.) I don't know if this is a problem in all the rooms, but the carpet in ours was so sticky, I walked right out of my flip-flops. Some of the wallpaper was torn and there were cigarette burns all down the bathtub. No bugs that I saw.

The hotel offers a continental breakfast --- cereal, donuts, muffins, juice, milk and coffee. They also have an outdoor pool and plenty of parking.

Basically, if you can get past the smell (or cover it up real well), it works for a place to get some shut-eye and that is about it. I think it's overpriced though. $30/night would be overpriced. We really paid too much.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank lilydandy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Des Moines, IA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

Sheets were clean, A/C worked, free internet . . . there, I started with the good things. Shabby, dirty, chipped, broken, fragrant, . . . . read the other reviews and you get the idea. Wish I had. Pay a few more bucks for elsewhere - there are more choices around.

• Stayed June 2008
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Tifton hotels

Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

This place don't deserve the name motel. Maybe motel for rodents, I wouldn't let my dog stay at this property. The smell was so over whelming, dirty. I checked in at 11:00 pm as just a place to rest for the night, the sheets seems clean so I tried to cover my nose but the smell was so bad we got up left with in the hour. I was so mad I just handed my key and remote to the clerk and walked out saying the room was dirty and smelly and no way could I stay in it. We were actually getting sick to our stomachs from the smell. So we checked into the same Hampton Inn in Adel Ga that will stayed in the previous week.So spend more money or at least ask to see the room you're getting!!!!!! This motel suxs!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Mountainmotorhiker
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2007

The Roadway Inn in Tifton is made for the one night traveler; espically truckers or RV folks. Huge parking lot and the owner will help you out on the rate.

The larger T.V.s are nice and my room was the bare essential but I think it was clean enough. The furniture could use some work; its the usual bidget hotel stuff but the mattress passed my test and the sheets were clean.

The bathrooms are small and the tile chipped but my room had no mildew or toilet discloration; there were cigeratte burn marks on the vanity. The carpet had been recently cleaned and there was no room odor. This is unusual for a trucker type property.

The place has a fairly nice pool but the weather was cold when I was there so I could only observe.

The guy at the desk, Jay, has a big smile and a good attitude

Check it out

• Liked — parking
  • Disliked — Furniture is worn
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank J H
Covington, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2005

This place is not where you want to stay! Dirty, creepy, just plain gutter. Pay a few more dollars and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2005