“The chicken enchiladas are great!”

Los Compadres Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 109 Restaurants in Tifton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is nothing super fancy, but serves consistently good food at reasonable prices. Two can eat generously portioned meals for under twenty dollars. Their salsa is quite tasty and served with fresh tostitos while you wait for your food. They also have a quick takeout service.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

After reading some reviews that were at odds with my former experience, I decided to see for myself. The food was as great as before, the service was without fault and the drinks were what I needed, good and inexpensive. The place was clean and for a small town it stands out as well above average. The patio with the cascading fountain certainly adds an atmosphere and it's reputation as a family style eatery only made me enjoy it more. When I travel I prefer to stay away from chain restaurants and this one has it's own welcoming atmosphere. No wonder it's been in business for 22 years!!!!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Came here for the first time and I looked at the menu and wasn't really impressed to begin with. It lacked a lot of things I have seen in other Mexican type restaurants. And let me tell you I grew up in a major city full of authentic Mexican cuisine and I am also Mexican myself. The food was too salty for my taste, i ordered a quesadilla and I ordered the guacamole and it was BAD. It was overdone with lime juice and had more of a liquid consistency than solid guacamole. The chips didn't taste fresh also. I just could not finish the guacamole, probably some of the worst guacamole I've ever had from a restaurant. Other dishes look very unauthentic as well from what I saw other people eating. Even though the waiter was alright, I do not plan to come here again. Also the looks and decorations of this place are beyond corny, it lacks light and they have the oddest selection of music ever( they go from country to hip hop to Spanish). Anyways I am just not impressed with this place at all. There are WAY better restaurants in the South West Georgia area. If you are new to the area or are traveling and want a Mexican fix all I can say is look for another place, make it worth your money.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Chips, salsa, bad decor, and waiters that stare at you...the normal stuff you see at these places. I do like the chicken fajitas but do not go out of my way to eat here.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Showing it's age. Bathrooms old, our booth had rips in the seats, the floors were worn - but the food was good at a good price. At 1230 on a Saturday it was completely empty except us and a lone customer in the back. Not sure what the locals know that we don't, but it was overall a good visit.