“Good fresh food with fast and friendly service”

Los Compadres Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 108 Restaurants in Tifton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
New York
“Good fresh food with fast and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

After reading some of the other reviews and search with the GPS for some food just off the highway, we decided to stop in and give it a try. The outside was inviting and as other reviewers noted, the interior was rather large.

It was after what you would consider the average lunch rush on a weekday and there were still plenty of folks sitting and enjoying their food. It seemed pretty clear that either travelers just stopped in at random of they have a nice local following. Either way, our waiter was quick and friendly and offered some suggestions on some of the favorite dishes.

The food arrived quickly and looked hot and fresh. Neither of us were disappointed with the quality of the food and attention of the wait staff. What a great find just off the highway. They seem to have plenty of lunch specials and through we did not belly up to the bar, my guess is they make a fine drink as well.

• Visited December 2011

Lexington, Kentucky
“Better the second time around . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Came thru Tifton after New Year’s and we decided to try Los Compadres again - just to see if it was the .real deal’. Restaurants can be hit or miss. Well, have to say, we’re glad to report - we’re 2 for 2. The food choices were even better this time.
I had the shish-kabab, with tender marinated steak, shrimp and grilled chicken. Lot’s of ‘MMmmmm' for $10.95. I took a to-go box and had the rest for lunch next day.

One thing a lot of Mexican restaurants do is put TOO much SALT in their products, especially the beans and rice. Los Compadres, has a nice blend and balance of spices & salt, without making you feel like you're diving in the Dead Sea.
The staff again, were helpful in deciding what I might enjoy, and service was spot on -without being either inattentive or coming back every 5 minutes to ask “is everything alright.?”

They have a full bar with T.V. And now have 1/2 drinks from 4 - 8p !
A lady I talked to at the bar (who was from Atlanta)could not believe that;
1.) the Martini’s were so good.
2.) so large
3.) so cheap. ($8 - $12 in Atlanta)

I saw her leave a $10.00. (she took a cab btw,)
Anyway, if you havent’ tried Los Compadres, and are in the mood for good, satisfying Mexican food; get on you burro and come on over!

• Visited January 2012
“Great service fast service excellent atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I would definitely recommend this restraus restraint to a friend the food is authentic and served fresh. They also have a bar with excellent drinks. I recommend trying a cabaret. You should save room for dessert their chango is excellent. Over all great food and atmosphere.

Saint Cloud, Florida
“Not just food but friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I am a regular customer of Los Compadres and what impresses me most is the friendly atmosphere. They have everything you look for in a dining experience - good food, fast service, great atmosphere and you are treated like a long time friend instead of just a dollar sign. They have a full bar, patio dining and free use of their "party room". The menu is quite extensive with 11 lunches (available at any time) for less than $6. My favorite is, of course, the sizzling fajitas. I've been dining there for over 15 years and though it is the largest Mexican restaurant in Tifton, it still feels as though I am home.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Pleasantme
Lexington, Kentucky
“Authentic Mexican food in Georgia? You bet!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stopped here for dinner break off I-75. The interior is large, spacious, nicely decorated and can eat outside on the patio if the weather permits. And they don’t blare music out like most restaurants now.
First off, the staff here could not be more pleasant or helpful. I am a finicky eater and always have small requests which our waitperson, Irish accommodated graciously.

We had the signature dish: “Parilla Mexicana”. It's really fajita’s for two and includes: tender, flavorful steak, grilled chicken and topped off with a shrimp shish kabob. Comes with two salads, guacamole, pico de galla, rice and beans. It’s delicious. And for $9.00 a person, you can’t beat it!

I seldom order Flan, because it’s never done the correct way ... it is here. Made with 3 types of milk; condensed, evaporated and homogenized + eggs and real vanilla. It’s then cooled in a water bath for 2-hours; then drizzled with homemade caramelized topping. To die for!!!
This was a wonderful first time experience and I will definitely be back when I’m on I-75.
P.S. I think they are closed on Monday’s but call and check, You’ll love this place...

• Visited November 2011