“Very Friendly Service and Good Deal for the Money”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. I am on a special diet and have to take chilled items with me so I needed for my "blue ice" to be re-frozen overnight. The lady at the front desk was very accommodating and took the ice for me and put it in one of their freezers where it would be safe. Everyone I visited with on the staff were very helpful and wanted to make sure I had a good stay. For the price, this is a great place and the room was clean. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
TiftonMicroteltifton, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our Microtel, Our only goal is to make sure that every single guest is satisfied with our service and we try to provide the best service possible at all times. Our staff is also very happy to hear that their efforts are being appreciated by our guests. Thank you again we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was our second time staying in this Microtel, the first time it was just my wife and I so we chose the most basic room which in this case met our needs of just one bed, TV and basic amenities, we were very pleased with this new concept of a small clean room just for the night at a very good rate. This time we were traveling with our two children and we decided to stop and visit our relatives in Tifton so we decided to stay for a couple of nights, the front desk clerk advised to take one of their Suites, I know that when we hear the word "Suites" we think its will be a lot more money, but this time we were shocked to hear the rates for their suites and on top of that they gave us another discount for staying more than one night. We were not expecting much on our way to our room, and I was wrong again, this room was very large, clean with all the amenities you could possibly need. The staff was very friendly and professional, breakfast was also a plus. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family. My point is that if you are looking for a room just to sleep for the night I would choose the one bed room which is inexpensive and by the way this was the only hotel in Tifton that would honor their coupon rates for their singles. But if you need a room with more space extra amenities and willing to spend a few more dollars choose the Suite ( they have two bed rooms but I did not even considered those since I had a great deal on the Suite). If you need a nice clean room, great service, and very good rates, then this Microtel is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If you need anything ask front desk they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

We are glad you had a great stay at our Microtel. Our staff is also very well trained to provide the accomodations that best fit your needs. Your words will only encourage our staff to continue to provide outstanding service to all of our guests and we would like to invite you and your family
to stay with us in the future. I would also like to add that the Microtel brand was created with the small single rooms as their foundation but later the doubles and Suites were added to serve all different types of travelers with different needs. Thank you.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I enjoyed my trip because it was different. We checked into our room and all was good. Then that night preeti the lady at the front desk, was such a pleasant person to meet. She is very thorough with her job. She has a compassion for her job like I have never seen. She made sure we had everything we needed and that we were comfortable. She had knowledge of the surrounding areas great places to go out to eat and places of interest. They next morning the morning shift guy i think his name was Erick, had coffee and breakfast ready and had a smile on his face. As though he was welcoming family. The whole staff are an asset to your company and we hope to see you all on our next stay.

Room Tip: make sure to talk to preeti the manager
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
TiftonMicroteltifton, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our Microtel, all of our staff is very well trained to provide you with the best service possible. We would be more than happy to serve you and your family in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Overall, hotel is in very shabby condition. We would never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
TiftonMicroteltifton, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for the time and effort you put into writting a review about our property. We are not sure as to what you are referring as "shabby", but please know that our Staff is very helpful and if you would have brought this problem to our attention we would have been more than happy to assist you. Would also like to remind you that our hotel has been remodeled. Thank you again for the review and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed here last night. This was our first stay at a Microtel. I had read the reviews on TA, and they pretty much exemplified this hotel. The lobby was very nice. The breakfast was bare minimum--cereal, bread/bagels, toaster waffles, juice, and coffee. Our queen bed room was very, very small. It reminded me of a small hospital room or nursing home room. Everything was clean though. The bed was comfortable. We are middle class people. Not sure if we'd stay here again. We'd rather pay a little more to get something a little nicer. If all you want is a place to spend 1-night and if budget amenities is all you're after, then you will be satisfied staying here. We paid $52 and change so the price is not too much.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
TiftonMicroteltifton, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, feedback such as yours will only help us improve our service but also keep in mind that you chose the most basic room. We also have rooms with two queen sized beds and our Suites, those rooms are very spacious, specially the suites and at very affordable prices. I hope you give us a second opportunity to serve you in the future and I will be glad to show you one of our Suites or two Queens, and you may choose the room that fits your needs.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I recently stayed at Microtel in another city and enjoyed a wonderful stay. However, I was really disappointed with my arrival at this location. At check in, the staff told me we had new carpet and bedding in our room. I would never have suspected! It surely did not look new. While I found the staff fairly accomodating,The room had broken windows (thank goodness we were on the 3rd floor). It smelled musty and I could literally see through the towels they were so thin. I could smell the smoke from the rooms across the hall. I did not partake in breakfast, but it did not look like much. I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
TiftonMicroteltifton, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review about our property. I apologize if any of the issues you mentioned made your stay less comfortable. I would also like to add that our rooms have been updated. We also take pride in our customer service and we would have been more than happy to assist you with any of the issues you mentioned, we inspect the building daily and we have not found any broken windows. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Clean, nicely renovated. Wonderful welcoming person.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
TiftonMicroteltifton, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Microtel, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property, We are also glad to hear the positive feedback we are recieving on the recent updates we have made, your comments will serve as an example to our staff as proof that our efforts have been appreciated by your kind review. We hope to see you again in the future and do not hesitate to contact us directly if you decide to stop in Tifton again. Thank You!