“We made a great choice”

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando
“We made a great choice”
Reviewed November 4, 2007

We were traveling to Tifton to attend a funeral; therefore we reserved a room, at Microtel, online prior to leaving Orlando. This was our first time staying at Microtel. The room was very clean. The bed was soft and comfortable. We was able to relax and not worry about if the sheets on the bed had been changed or wash properly because you could smell a very faint hint of bleach...I loved that. The bathroom was immaculate with enough towels for the three of us (2 adults and 1 child). Parking was right up front in a well-lit area. The location of the hotel is very convenient to restaurants and eateries. What a great deal for the price (we paid 59.00)! I will definitely stay at Microtel again in the future.

• Liked — clean room, comfortable bed
  • Disliked — limited continental breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We stayed at this property for one night in August. The hotel is only 6-7 years old. We found the room to be spacious and immaculate. The furnishings are functional but comfortable. We enjoyed having a refregerator, microwave and wetbar in the room as well as a sofa and window seat. The location is great, with many restaurants and stores in walking or driving distance. The only real disappointments were holes in the sheets and towels and limited selection in the complimentary breakfast the next morning. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and would recommend this location to others visiting the area.

• Liked — Location, price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Holes in sheets and towels, continental breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Kentucky
Reviewed May 30, 2006

This motel was very nice and met our needs for the night. The clerk, a young African American woman with jeans and braided belt, was excellent, friendly and efficient. Kudos to her and this chain.

• Stayed May 2006
Reviewed May 4, 2004

I thought the Microtel was a great value. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I have no complaints AT ALL! I would definately stay at the Microtel again. GREAT JOB!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2004

At 1:00 a.m after a 3 1/2 hour drive with 2 children, my husband and I stopped at Hampton Inn in Tifton Georgia (which looked really nice and smelled great) to check rates. They advised us that they were $89 a night. We decided to check the rates at the Micromotel which was across the street. I sat in the car with the children while my husband checked us in. Since the sign out front said rates starting at 39.99 and up, I assumed they would be a lot cheaper than the Hampton. As we got unpacked we went into the room that we had been given the key to, and it was horrible. It had not been cleaned and both beds were still unmade. My husband went back down to get us another room. We walked into the next room. It was clean, but not much better. I at this point did not know that my husband had paid $85 a night for this room. ONLY $4 less than the Hampton. The room had a horrible smell. As we turned down the beds, we found that one of them did not look as if the sheets had been changed. I at that point told my husband to go and let management know, he did not. I along with my children slept in the clean bed. The bed my husband slept in had been made, but had a hair in it, and also was quite wrinkled. Around 8:00 a.m. while getting ready to leave, my daughter and I both showed with our flip flops on. I will never stay in this place again, or any other Micromotel. Some of our friends and their child were also on this trip with us, and their room was just as bad. You could not hardly move in their room it was so small. It had a little window seat which was also very dirty. Upon check out I did advise the manager of how disapointed I was, but needless to say he did not seem to care.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Tifton hotels

Reviewed June 28, 2003

Just as described by previous reviewer, this hotel was the biggest bang for our buck. The staff was super friendly and the rooms were exceptioinally clean. We will definitely stay at this establishment next time we travel to Tifton.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2002

As weary drivers at 1:00 a.m., we stopped and checked rates at a few other properties at this exit in Tifton, Georgia and at a nearby exit. This hotel was extremely clean (smelled brand new), staff was friendly, well lit parking, breakfast included and the rates were very reasonable.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member