“Great food but service was slow”
Review of Charles Seafood

Charles Seafood
Ranked #17 of 108 Restaurants in Tifton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great food but service was slow”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The server was great but the kitchen seemed to take there time. Nice location and prices where really good. Glad to have stopped

1 Thank CEC_Jason

Ashland, Ohio
“Great Local food place”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

WE had an excellent meal at this restaurant - grouper and red snapper. Service was very good and we got our food freshly cooked and serviced quick and hot.

Visited February 2013
Stockbridge, Georgia
“Worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went to this Charles seafood because we looked it up and it was highly recommended. I was shocked when my food was brought out and the fried oysters were mushy and tasted like they weren't done. It put a nasty taste in my mouth and I was not interested in this food anymore. As I am from Maryland and really love seafood, but I could not eat this food. I was shocked when the waitress said that the manager refused to take it off my bill. I ask to see the manager and he refused. At this time they took my bill. After about 30 minutes I ask again and was informed that they would not take off the bill and I ask to see the manager again. The waitress then told me she was going to pay for my food. I said no she wasn't this was not her fault. Finally the manger Terry Marshall came out and informed me that I would pay for the food or he would have me arrested. I told him the food was not done and he informed me that he had cooked over 200 meals today and nothing was wrong with my food. So I ask to see the food so we could show him and was informed that it was put in the garbage. I called the police and after I told him my story he talked to Terry came back and said that if I didn't pay for my food I would be arrested and it would cost 800 dollars. WOW WAS I SHOCKED IF THIS IS HOW YOU ARE TREATED IN CHARLES SEAFOOD I WOULD WARN EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
Oh iI did pay for the food because I was threatened with jail and felt I had no choice.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Denise G
ontario, canada
“Not for everyone”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I had read about Charles Seafood in a travel reference book written by an individual who supposedly loves seafood, so traveling north on the I75 we decided to stop in Tifton and give this restaurant a try. We love seafood as well and were looking forward to trying this popular restaurant. I can appreciate why people enjoy their "fresh fish" fried. Unfortunately, it was all fried. If you enjoy your seafood grilled, or if you are looking for oysters on the half shell, this is NOT the place for you. The fried fish was good for fried fish, although fried fish was far from what we had in mind. The waitresses were courteous even when extremely busy. What was a bit of a nightmare for us was the lack of concern for the environment. The cutlery and plates were plastic, and they use styrofoam cups for everything except wine. I don't know if they recycle, but it is hard to imagine all this stuff going into the garbage on a daily basis!!

• Visited January 2013
Tifton, Georgia
“All I want is your green money!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Born in Tifton, raised here then went off to the military for 13 years. Been back home now in Tifton for over 5 years, always heard about Charles seafood but never been there and now I see why. Went with a friend and her mom, when the waitress brought the food thiers were ok but my fish was under cooked, I had already put hot sauce and salt on it but it just wasnt done. I informed the waitress of the matter and she took the fish back and the cook just refried the same fish hot sauce on it and all back in the grease. I asked to speak to the manager who was also the owner and he came to the table with an attitude saying I know this fish is cooked right because I cooked it and ive been doing it for 30 years! He was yelling and pointing his finger in my face, said i dont care if you like it your gonna pay for it!. Im black and asked him if he treated all of his customers like he was treating me? He responded with ALL I WANT IS YOUR GREEN MONEY! He didnt care about customer satifaction or try to make the situation right. Needless to say we will not being going back there again.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Patrick H

Been to Charles Seafood? Share your experiences!