“Tifton's best option, approve”

Hilton Garden Inn Tifton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Tampa, Florida
“Tifton's best option, approve”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We normally stay at the Hampton Inn across the highway, but it is closed for construction. We gave the new HGI a try. It is a little more pricey that HI but there are a few more amenities. We have no complaints. We had dinner at the restaurant grill. Despite being short staff and a party service was good, speedy and food hot.
We used the indoor pool and hot tub, a very nice bonus. Rooms were above average size, beds comfortable, fridge, microwave and flat screen tv (limited HD channels). We purchased a breakfast package for $10 per adult (child eat free with adult purchase).
The hotel is a good choice, nearly new, quiet, amenities (wifi, little store, free parking, good breakfast, business room, pool, gym), friendly staff.
It was so nice i was expecting turn down service (jk)
Thanks HGI for a restful stop in Tifton.

• Stayed December 2012
jamckinnon, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tifton, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed here before, but I obviously never stayed close to the elevator. Tonight I am in Room 222 which is one room and a snack room away from the elevator. The vibrations from the elevator are unbearable. I called to find out what the loud noise was that seemed like it came from all directions, and was informaed that it was probably just the vibrations from the elevator. Obviously, the hotel staff are aware that there is a problem. I asked to be moved to a room as far away from the elevator as possible and was told "sorry, we can't move you but we'll send someone up to see what the noise is". They never came to listen.It is not constant, but just about time I get to sleep I am woken up by the loud noise. It sounds like a transformer going bad. Just a loud buzzing. The rooms themselves are nice, but unless you are three sheets to the wind, this vibration will keep you up. If you stay here, I recommend that you demand. a room as far from the elevator as possible. It is noisier in my room that it is right next to the elevator shaft. I gave it a poor rating because everything else was acceptable, but the response to my request to move was uinbelieveable.. However, I still have a few more nights. I am asking to get moved tomorrow morining and will give an update on how my request is handled.

Room Tip: Reuest a room at least 5 rooms down from the elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank froggy09
jamckinnon, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tifton, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing details about your stay with us. I understand that you experienced some noise and vibrations and truly apologize that you were inconvenienced. I can assure you that our main concern is for our guests to have a comfortable stay with us and I guarantee that your feedback will be used to improve our hotel guest experience. I do appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another chance to offer authentic Hilton hospitality when you return to the area. Thank you!

John McKinnon
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We are a family of 4 with a 10 & 7 year old. We stayed 4d/3n. When I book a hotel I always look for a place with a pool so the kids can play. OK, I've stayed at a lot of hotels & this was average for me. It gave me what I needed & expected to have for the money, but wasn't uncommonly good.
Staff: Friendly, helpful, courteous.
Pool: It's relatively well-maintained. There are bathrms in the pool area so I didn't have to pull the kids out when we needed to go. There's a cold water shower & towels avail.
Room 403: Major complaint is that the hot (luke warm really) water is intermittent. This is a comment that other reviewers have made about their rms so believe it. The water would swing from warm to flat out cold. I mentioned it at the front desk when I was leaving. Otherwise, pretty clean. No sign of bed bugs; I check. We had a jr. suite. There's only one window, in the bedrm area. Two lamps in the desk/sitting area so it's very dark. 2 TVs & pull-out bed. The adjustable bed doesn't work. There's a nice working fridge & microwave. Hold the flush lever on the toilet to make sure it works.
Location: Conveniently located near the interstate.
Laundry: Very happy discovery for a family of 4! It's clean & machines worked well. $1.50 wash, $1.00 dry.
Restaurant: Well-cooked meals (brkfst & dinner). You could find a cheaper option within walking/driving distance but it's convenient. If you want to have dinner there ask what time you should show up b/c it seems that a lot locals visit the restaurant. I'm a healthy eater. Every morning I had oatmeal, egg whites & fruit.
Gym: Fitness center is mostly cardio equip BUT they are current machines & clean. There are medicine balls, a multi-purp machine & a bench. If you know what you're doing you'll get a decent workout.
Bz Ctr: Didn't use it but it seemed to have all you need.
Other stuff: ATM. Nice sitting area beside the fireplace.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pbjol
Miami Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a decent hotel for its location. Southwest Georgia isn't the place to go for fancy hotels but this is OK. Room is a little dark with dark old carpet that should be replaced. Outlets are about 1/2 operational. Bathroom has a mildewy smell that makes me think it could use a thorough cleaning. Breakfast was OK but $10 for Bacon and eggs in Tifton, GA is a little ridiculous. I could get better at Waffle House next door. Not a bad stay just not special.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank hairydawg78
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the quality of your accommodations during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the high quality of services and amenities you deserve. I have made sure to speak to our housekeeping staff and we have already resolved the carpet smell and bathroom mildew in your room. Your comfort is my main goal and I have made sure to take your comments into consideration. Again, I apologize if you experienced any inconveniences during your stay and I truly hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

John McKinnon
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

As a frequent business traveler to this area, the employees provide Southern Hospitality attention to details and really make you feel welcomed. A hotel where you can feel safe. Clean up todate rooms with a excellent restaurant, bar and workout facilities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

So glad I chose this hotel. It is fairly new so very clean. Walking distance (just across the parking lot) to restaurants. Staff were helpful and went out of their way. After my workout I was looking for bottled water. One of the staff gave me 2 bottles from the pantry and did not charge for them. That was very nice and unexpected. Two weeks later I stayed at HGI Effingham, IL and was charged for my water so I know that Tifton was just trying to accomodate. I am sold on HGI and will choose that chain over others when traveling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the best hotel in the area. Clean, convenient and staff excellent. Only negative was the whirlpool wasn't working. We will stay here when we visit family. We have stayed from Cordele to Tifton and find this hotel the nicest. Breakfast at the hotel was very good. They have a bar and entertainment on Saturday night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family