“Clean, great value. Can't beat it for the $$$”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

As other eviewra note it's newly-renovated and it is an excellent value. It's a small motel so that just means less guests and traffic to deal with. There is a Mexican restaurant right next door though I didn't eat there. If you're heading north on 75 and thinking of staying in Valdosta, consider making it in to Tifton.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JTM V
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Arrived late in evening en route from the Keys to home in Indiana. I called when we were 30 minutes away, was quoted a rate of $55, plus 10 for our dog. When we arrived we had several choices of rooms, offered one of the newly refurbished rooms upstairs, for the quoted rate,which we took. No smoke smell, new curtains and bed linens. Newer bath fixtures- although tub is older all was clean. Very easy to get to with food choices nearby. We didn't try breakfast, which looked very limited.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank VicKetchum
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is newly renovated. Clean, but not fancy. Perfect for the overnight travel stop. Free breakfast, but very limited. Nice TV. Request to stay on east side of hotel, away from the interstate. Did not see a pool. Many food choices at that exit.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Robin B
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was supposed to be a quick overnight stop on our way home, and it was. Reservations, check-in, and check-out were handled well. There were really no issues with uncleanliness. There were some minor inconveniences (such as a relatively long walk to the ice machine, and having only one stairway from the 2nd-floor) but nothing is perfect--especially when dealing with an economy motel. This was fine for the type of motel it is. It is located just off of Interstate 75, and there are plenty of eating establishments within walking distance (including a decent Mexican restaurant with a parking lot that adjoins the motel's lot). A continental breakfast is also available in the lobby area in the mornings. I would recommend this motel as a good option for an economy motel in the area.

Room Tip: There are two buildings, each with two stories; each building has only one stairway to the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete V
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I am presenting this review to clarify an earlier review by another traveler that posted a very derogitory review against this hotel. The review presented a statement that the traveler had rented two rooms with either double beds or queen beds in each room and that all four beds were full of hair and that the sheets were not laundered and turned inside out....

My name is Dr. Rick J. Hill and my wife and myself have lodged many, many times at the econolodge in Tifton Georgia that is owned by Mike Patel and his wife. Over the past two years during our travels we have always found the Patel's to not only be earnest inn keepers but they and there staff strive to be the best they can be in maintenance and cleanliness of the hotel, hotel rooms and the grounds around the hotel, and this includes the laundering of the sheets behind each guest and rented room. We have never had any such complaint related to a cleanliness issue.

One must always apply common sense in reading any review whether it is positive or negative. However, to post something that could be construed as malacious is not only immoral, but could also border on being illegal. I am posting this review in defense of the Patels because no matter what they may post as a defense it would not be taken as a balanced reply and would be considered to skew the true facts. It just so happens the week that the negative review was posted by a fellow traveler my wife and I were traveling and lodging at the Patel's Inn. Let me assure each of you that not only was our room clean, but our sheets were fresh laundered as well as the comforter on the king bed.

The Patel's have invested there time, money, and effort into making there inn the best it can be and it is by far steps above some of the more pricier hotels in Tifton Georgia.

Dr. Rick J. Hill
President and C.E.O.
HerHue Cosmetics Co
Miami and Tallahassee, Fl.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank happybeachnutt
Reviewed November 27, 2012

So disappointed! We had 2 adjacent rooms. We always remove the comforter because everybody knows that hotels never wash those. But when I pulled off the comforter on the 1st bed, I noticed the fitted sheet was inside out. So I went to the next bed and pulled off the comforter -- same thing, plus hair and hair and hair.

I was heading to the next room, and before I could even enter my son yelled, "Yuck, there's a giant wad of hair in my sheets!" And guess what? Yes, his sheets were inside out. The 4th bed was just the same. I was so disgusted.

I immediately went to the front desk and the owner was there. I told him, "Ya'll are not putting clean sheets on these beds, you're just turning them over." He didn't even blink! He looked at me like, "Darn, you caught that, huh?"!!!! He said, I'll bring you clean sheets now! What!!! WHy weren't they clean before!

Sickening! I can understand being economical, heck, that's why I booked at Econolodge, but being economical doesn't mean being NASTY! PUT CLEAN SHEETS ON THE BEDS!
NEVER again will I book there! And to top it all off, many of the "clean" folded towels were stained. I dumped them on the floor and requested new towels.

Do I have anything good to say? Yes, the AC/heater worked well and the fridge was ice cold.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This motel is average or above for an Econo Lodge. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the bath was clean. Breakfast was typical of my normal breakfast and was what is usual for this class of motel. It is convenient to a wide range of restaurants. The only negative thing is the lighting in the parking area makes the rooms brighter than I prefer for sleeping. I would not hesitate to stop overnight if I needed a room in south GA again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple