“Honey dip was so good.”

Tubby's Tank House in THUNDERBOLT
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Georgia
“Honey dip was so good.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to go here after spending about an hour at Bonadventure. It was easy to find and had a beach laidback feel. There was a live band on the deck that looks out over the river through a coupe of buildings, but you can sit in rocking chairs and relax. Food was good, not great. Like I mentioned, if you like a sweet dip ask for some honey dip with your fried item. We had it with the fried potatoes they fix, but I am sure they would be so good with chicken fingers.

Visited March 2013

Augusta, Georgia
“Not sure how this place got rated so high”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came here on St. Patty's weekend because everywhere else was ridiculously crowded and they did not seem too crowded with over half of the parking lot empty. Once navigating through the drunkards hovering around the entrance there was no hostess to be found. I flagged down a server and asked where to sit, she replied that we could sit anywhere, so we decided to go upstairs on the deck. Once up there we waited 10 minutes and no one had come over to greet us, one sever came and went to a table next to mine and didn't bother to come over and say anything to us until she had attended to the other table several times. Once she came over to our table I thought that this meant that we would finally be getting some service, but I was wrong. She informed us that we had to be put on a waiting list in order to sit on the deck, even though I was told downstairs that we could sit anywhere that we wanted. There were also 3 empty tables open on the deck and it didn't seem like anyone was waiting on them. So after this we went back downstairs and found a hostess, who was not there before, and she informed us that there would be a wait because we had a party of 4. Not sure why there was a wait because I counted at least 8 tables that were open and there was nobody waiting on them. After this we decided to return to the bar area and I found the same sever and asked where we could sit once again and she said that she meant to say the "bar area" and not the whole restaurant, that would of been helpful the 30 minutes we spent trying to sit down. So we found a table on the opposite side of the bar and sat down, there was only one other table sitting in this section also. Several severs came and went to the table next to ours until finally I got up and asked them how they got service. The guests at that table then informed the sever that we were sitting behind them and needed to be served, so after 45 minutes drink orders had finally been taken. After which we were informed that the usual menu would not be severed and that there was a limited menu and a buffet that was available. The only reason I did not leave at this point was because I had not eaten all day and there were basically other restaurant options. I then ordered the bacon cheeseburger and the rest of the table ordered the buffet. The buffet advertised that it had oysters and shrimp but there was neither of those, nothing like paying $23 for a buffet that doesn't even have what is advertised! When the burger came, it was dry and they bun was so toasted that it was hard. The buffet required that extra plates be brought to the table, but they were only brought after we requested them and had to flag down the sever, same with the drink refills. This place was a horrible experience.I have worked in several restaurants in my time and I know how things can go wrong and I am understanding, but the service at this place was completely unacceptable. Especially with half the restaurant empty, there is no reason this poor service. Next year will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013
Berwick, Maine
“Wonderful Feast!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The six of us including 3 kids opted to go there for dinner partly because of the fun name and partly because of trip advisors rating. We enjoyed a great feast remarkable for the fresh tuna grilled perfectly and the delicious appetizers. ( fried asparagus and the risotto) I had the best fried oysters that I have ever had as a side dish! Except for a particular cranky blond we met initially - the service was superb, prompt and friendly!

Douglasville, Georgia, United States
“Tubby's is yummy!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had been to Tubby's 2 years ago. I had been looking forward to going back on our trip this year. I promise you it was worth the wait! I got the low country platter. Crab legs, shrimp, red potatoes, corn, & hushpuppies. Even my husband likes to eat there & he does not eat seafood. In the warmer months it is nice to sit on the deck & see the water. A definite must try!

Canton, GA
“Glad I didn't listen to negative reviews on google!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A group of us went last night including a 7 year old & an infant. There was something for everyone on their menu. From the bacon wrapped scallops to the fish tacos (with fresh caught bass) to the chicken ordered-all was amazing. We enjoyed the indoor atmosphere and our server Marcia was great. She was helpful & on top of everything-as well as extremely accommodating.

We will make an effort to come back next time we are in town.