“Comfort inn Stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Overall, my stay at the Comfort was not bad. The room was spacious and had room to move around. Love the refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot in the room. The bath rooms are very small and you have to make sure the door doesn’t hit the toilet. The old green carpet in my was very dirty and needs to be clean. The location of the hotel is in walking distance of fast food restaurants and sets right off the interstate 20. There are no sit-down restaurants in the immediate area. The free Wi-Fi had a very strong signal. They are remodeling the front desk area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Andy N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the big room and apologize the carpet was dirty. Good news is we have cleaned entire hotel with a professional service recently. Our tile is being installed right now and then I expect the lobby to look fabulous. Please stay with us again when visiting Thomson

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I always stayed at the older hotel across the highway but decided to try this one on my latest stop in Thomson. Good choice! Friendly service, clean, comfortable, good breakfast - a very good value. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TxTraveler254
Andy N, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to give us positive feedback on your hotel stay. Next time you travel in this area, we will be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had been traveling for over 18 hours from Texas and needed a place to stay the night. The desk clerk I spoke with was friendly and helpful and had everything ready for us to check in when we arrived at 2:30 a.m. The room had a bit of a musty smell when we arrived but was not bad. The bed was comfortable and the towels soft. There was a breakfast but we only got coffee, which was quite good. Overall it was a pleasant night's stay and a good value.

• Stayed: September 2012
Andy N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for the positive feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I will be sure to let my staff know of your comments. Next time that you are in the area, please stay with us again.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel seemed ok from the lobby but once we got to our room it was a horrible. It was really hot in the elevators. When we got to our floor there was a musty, dirty smell that continued into our room. There was a big stain on the carpet right when you walked in the door. The bathroom was horrible. I turned on the lights and there were little tiny ants all over the counter and on the wall. The tub/shower had pink, I don't mean light pink, I mean pink as in you could see it a mile away soap scum all round the edges and all around the knobs. I stood on a towel to take a shower! And the toiled had, I don't even know what, around the bottom with hair stuck all in it. The staff did nothing but complain how busy there were and talked about other cranky customers. Needless to say we will not stay here again next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Andy N, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I am sorry your stay was not to your satisfaction. I am sorry the hotel had maintenance issues. We have completed about 90 percent of the caulking hotel tub and showers I apologize you got one of the few left to be completed. In order to keep the elevator running I have to keep a fan in there. I am embarrassed as well that this problem has gone on 2 months without being completed. The carpet we will admit was not perfect, but we are cleaning sections and 50 percent complete with that project. The staff attitude is unacceptable to me and when I brought the comments up in our daily focus I asked to keep comments to ourself. I understand mistakes can be made and have made changes to raise expectations and committment. Please do not let one stay make your decision. We hope to see you again next year.

Andy Neumann

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Older hotel. Rooms could be nice , but hotel not kept up well. Room had soap scum and hair on sink in bathroom. Hair and grime in corners and tub.
Friendly front desk girl. Okay breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012
Andy N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize your room was not to your satisfaction. We have been re-caulking showers/ tubs and will soon redo all bathroom floors. I hope you will choose to stay with us again after we finish our improvements.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a great value if you are a senior looking for a place outside Atlanta, almost to Augusta. The hotel accepts animals with a reasonable fee and the door to an outside green space is convenient for the traveler and their animal. Their senior suite is designed with a bath for seniors with disabilities.The suite includes a nice kitchen area and comfortable sofa which is a pull out. The staff was helpful and the animal room did not smell. Contact management by phone after you make your reservations as inn is limited for room available for dogs.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Anyone going to Thomson probably already realizes there aren't a lot of hotel choices. Comfort Inn is adequate and very likely the best of what's available, but it doesn't much to deserve the rating.

The room is typical of the chain's suites - entirely adequate, but nothing special. It was clean, but very worn -- unidentifiable stain on the carpet, water stains on the ceiling. The desk lamp looks like it was thrown against the wall. The HVAC is a little antequated, but it does work. The window, however, has face and hand prints all over it -- clearly it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. The bed is adequately firm and comfortable, as is the sofa. The TV, however, is dated and the channel changer only works to change the channels -- it won't mute, it won't adjust the volume. A colleague in another room had the exact same problem -- so it must be fairly widespread -- and it is a real pain.

The ice machine on the 2nd floor isn't working -- and since it has such a nice sign saying that it's out of order I can only guess that it hasn't worked in a while and the management sees no need to have it repaired.

The breakfast is subpar. Small selection of cereals; equally small selection of breads; bagels wrapped in plastic; absolutely the worst scrambled eggs I can remember. Plan on going out for breakfast unless you are on a really tight budget.

If your're reading this review I'm sure you have looked at the others -- all of which seem to be excellent. This property doesn't deserve the rating -- or something extraordinary has happened recently to drive the property down. As I've said, it's certainly the best option in this town, but it is just AVERAGE.

Room Tip: Remember, the ice machine is broken on the 2nd floor. Rooms away from the highway are a little quiet...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeT100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
White Columns Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Washington
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!