Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rodeway Inn(Thomson)
The Cullars Inn(Lincolnton)
Quality Inn(Washington)
View Hotel
All reviewsflat panelmicrowave fridgecomfortable nights restvery nice young ladyroom was cleancoffee makercharging stationcomplimentary bottled waterfast wifihotel optionsstar hotelsmelled freshgo fishingquick stoprelaxing stayneeded a place to staygreat hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm conflicted about this review...A week ago, we had the good fortune to have friends who gave us tickets to Tuesday's Masters practice round. So we were in need of a room on short notice. We didn't want to stay too far away from Augusta, so based on the reviews I read on this hotel, decided it was worth a try.We had to pay $250 per night for the room---and had to prepay, no refunds.

First, the good things. The staff we had contact with at the hotel were very cordial. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room and the bed was fairly comfortable.

The not so good. I found the room dark and there was a dank, musty odor. Now that I am home, the odor has permeated the clothes I had in the room. There was no clock, no hairdryer, no iron or ironing board (I can't remember if there was a coffee maker, but I wouldn't have used it). Maybe my expectations were just too high based on the reviews I read, but I just can't agree with them. I think they are trying to do something with what they have....which is an old hotel which is kind of run down. I understand about supply and demand...I expected rooms to be high for the Masters timeframe. But I think I could have done better with a bit more research. Shame on me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzieshu
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your stay over the Masters. We are an economy branded hotel and all of the things you mentioned such as a hairdryer, iron and ironing board are not requirements for us. However, all of these were available upon request and would have been brought to your room promptly had they been requested.

I have shared your feedback with management to ensure that your guest experience may be a more positive one in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Thomson.

P.S. We Hope you enjoyed The Masters!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was traveling through the Augusta area on the way home to Alabama. I stopped into this hotel and was not planning on going to the Masters at all. However the young man here made one phone call and managed to get me a practice round ticket for the following day. He had directions printed up with shortcuts around traffic, and and printout with several restaurants and directions to each one.

It was very organized and well thought out by the young man.

As for my room it was nice. It had a fresh smell to it, although I cant be sure of exactly what that scent was I believe it was a lavender scent.

I slept like a baby and was so excited about the masters.

Room Tip: The young man is very nice and really goes out of his way. I will surely recommend this place to all my friends who come out this way to play golf.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your kind words and value your feedback. We are extremely pleased that your experience at the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA was so GREAT! Your comfort and satisfaction is our priority.

We hope that you enjoyed the Masters with the tickets that we were able to find for you.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We looked online and found the Econo lodge to be a pretty good deal compared to Augusta for the Masters. We booked 4 rooms and they were pretty nice I must admit. Nothing extravagant but your not paying for extravagance either.

It's a nice place, wifi is free and works fast.

It was great that I got to go to the masters after so many years but it was sad that it got rained out today.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your kind words and value your feedback. The staff and I are extremely pleased that you found your stay to be as pleasurable as you described!

We are glad you got to go to the Masters and hope that you will think of us again if you get to attend the Masters again next year!

Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Econo lodge was more than I expected. I read the big bright red flashing sign out front which was impossible to miss and decided to give it a try.

The carpet was a really pretty design. And the room had a fresh smell to it. It was a good nights rest. It's a good spot.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA!

We very much appreciate your kind words and value your feedback. The staff and I are extremely pleased that your stay was as pleasurable as you described!

We are so grateful that you found us to be more than you expected!

The staff and I appreciate you choosing the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA and look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Please call us if we can be of any assistance!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Our company has had us working in the Augusta area and staying here for a while.

The value is pretty good and it's really comfortable compared to a lot of the places they put us.

I came in one day and there was brand new bed covers put it which was nice.

The fridge and microwave are nice for when I get sick of eating at restaurants when I can warm something up. Today marks 5 weeks that I have been away from home, and they could not have made it more comfortable and inviting for me.

They have been very hospitable to me and treated me like family.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that your experience at the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA was such a positive one!

I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire staff. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest, and we hope to see you here again really soon. On behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA.

Management & Staff