“Best Western White Columns Inn Thomson Georgia is the best place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of White Columns Inn

White Columns Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
New Bern, North Carolina
“Best Western White Columns Inn Thomson Georgia is the best place to stay”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Wow this is the best hotel that I have ever stayed at. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are beautiful!! The breakfast was the best of any hotel's breakfast, that I have ever had. They put my grandma to shame. I will definitely stay here on my next stay in the area. I would drive out of my way to stay at this beautiful hotel. It was well priced and a good hotel to bring your family to. Four of us had a buffet breakfast at no charge. And the breakfast was excellent. I just can't express how accommodating the staff is. After we got home to North Carolina, we received a package in the mail. In the package was my son's transformer that he had left in the room. They didn't even charge me for mailing it. We had searched everywhere for it. I thought he lost it at a gas station and it didn't even occur to me to call the hotel. It is the things like this that makes you know that they really care about their customers.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nanny4kids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Maysville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed Friday and Saturday night at Best Western while in town to visit family. I have never felt so at home. Everyone is friendly and helpful. They told us about Mule Day and a Tractor Pull that were taking place Saturday. We had so much fun.
We had the Honeymoon suite and it was Fantastic. It had a seperate livingroom and a jacuzzi in the bedroom with a huge bed. The sheets and towells were so fresh and the room was clean. Above the jacuzzi was a fireplace with gas logs. It was so romantic. The jacuzzi was relaxing after driving 7 hours. Saturday and Sunday morning we enjoyed a eligate southern cooked breakfast buffet at no charge. The Historic Inn had Victorian feel with a fireplace in the dining area and beautiful stairways in the entrance. The front has hugh white columns and an antique carriage.
White rocking chairs are placed on the front porch welcoming people to sit and talk.
After eating a hugh breakfast there is a fitness room with all you need to work any unwanted pounds. I loved staying here and reccomend it to everyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
North, South Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2011

listed as an historic inn, nice way of saying old, may have been a splendid place once upon a time. I requested a smoking room and as is frquently the case got the least desirable room, it's always the only smoking room available, the price I pay for being able to have a cig. before bed and w/ morning coffee, room was smelly kind of an old nursing home smell, not smoke, There are 4 different buildings in this complex so this was probably the smokers and pets section other people seem very pleased with them.
The breakfast was excellant.

Room Tip: do not let them put you in building 2
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Maysville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We have stayed at the BW White Columns Inn several times, the last time was in June when my brother passed away. We love the people, the food is great and their breakfast is a real home cooked buffet. My husband says they have the best breakfast he has ever had at a hotel.***** Five stars. The rooms are clean with fresh linen. Everything you need to make you feel at home. Need directions or just talk they always take the time, If you forgot anything just let them know and they will take care of it. If you are ever in Thompson you will not regret staying there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had to visit the White Columns Inn when I came to Thomson for a business meeting. They were kind enough to let me get breakfast early so I would be able to get to my meeting on time. The GM come to me and introduced herself. She was the friendliest of any other hoteler I have ever met. She offered to have breakfast served early for all of us having to get to the meeting. She got all our rooms grouped together so that we would be able to go over some of the matters for the meetings. At checkout the following day, I called to have all the rooms precheckedout so as to get to the plant in time for the meeting. Judy was kind enough to bring me my laptop cord that I had left in my room. She said that when housekeeping cleaned the room and since she knew I would be in a meeting at the plant, she just brought it to me. I have never met a friendlier group of people anywhere. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask if you sign up for the rewards program if you can get a free upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tiffany_lamar
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel on our way from Florida to North Carolina, I love this hotel. The lady that checked us in very late that night already had our keys and all made and was so friendly. The room was very cool and it had been a very hot day. It was a really nice room. The breakfast was fabulous. Amy was so sweet and helpful, she allowed us a late check out due to checking in so late. The entire staff was friendly. We will definately stay here on our way back to Florida.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank adamlong95
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel! It was awesome!! The staff is sooooo freindly and the breakfast was great!! The price was good for the rooms....that look to be recently renovated! It is a beautiful place inside and out.....Good standards with a nice southern charm! The restaurant and lounge were a very nice bonus too!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cutie_Pie_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
Hampton Inn Thomson
Red Roof Inn & Suites Augusta West
Executive Suites Inn
Executive Suites Inn
#55 of 82 in Augusta

Been to White Columns Inn? Share your experiences!