“Interesting but limited”

Zaxby's
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Thomson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'd never been to Zaxby's before and found it the best option in the area I was in - of I-20 between Augusta and Greensboro, GA.

Zaxby's is all about fried chicken strips - there are probably very few ways that they can be made or used that are not available on the menu there - salads, sandwiches, platters.

They do fried chicken strips pretty well. And the prices are reasonable.

I was hoping for other options, like a breast fillet or wings.

I tried one of their sandwiches, which I expected to be a boneless slab of chicken, but turned out to be 3 strips with, in my case, buffalo wing sauce.
It was quite acceptable for a fast food place - except it wasn't so fast.

I was traveling on Fathers' Day and I noticed that the restaurant was quite busy - full of families celebrating the holiday together. As a northerner, and first time Zaxby's visitor, I am not sure whether this can be attributed to the fact that there were few restaurants available in the area I found this Zaxby's or whether it is so highly regarded locally that this is a special occasion choice for families. The families were certainly enjoying the food.

So, in summary, Zaxby's has a limited menu but does fried chicken strips well, if that's what you're looking for.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This place absolutely has the best fast food chicken sandwich around. Their "kickin' chicken" sandwich with nuclear sauce will make your heart beat faster, and the fries have just enough seasoning on them to stand out from other restaurants. Love this place.

1  Thank kdhbeachbum
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If chicken ,salads, or sandwiches is what you won't to eat . Then this is the place for you. It is good and you have a lot to choose from dine in or drive-thur Plenty of seating inside . Located out Washington Road just before you get on to I -20

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Zaxby's is consistently good. Good chicken plates and selection. Great for the whole family, and has some healthy selections too.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you go anywhere to eat in Georgia go to Zaxby's
I have always loved their zax sauce. it is to die for

Been to Zaxby's? Share your experiences!