“acceptable for one night stay”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
The Villages, Florida
“acceptable for one night stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I could practically re-write everything that osujohn said in his review. We stayed on Tuesday night before the Masters practice round and he stayed Sunday night. Be interested if we had the same room. The room was clean, but small. The air conditioner kept cutting off and on no matter what settings we used and the shower head seemed to go everywhere. Despite those items I would stay here again only because the rooms were clean and much less expensive than anything in Augusta during the Masters. Even here the room prices were about twice what they should have been, but still a less expensive option. As osujohn mentioned there are numerous dinner options in the area. We went into town and found an italian restaurant (Fernanda's) that was good. Driving into Augusta was a breeze on I-20. Also I agree that the breakfast buffet was more than I expected. Staff was friendly and check in/out was very quick

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott8147
chase m, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Scottish Inns, we are always improving the quality of service. We have a 24 hrs maintenance man and if the air condition or shower was causing a problem, the maintenance team would try to fix the problem or shift you to another room. We always try to satisfy the guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
ohio buckeye
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at the Scottish Inn in Thomson for 1 night before driving to Augusta for the Masters Golf Tournament monday practice round. Augusta is an easy 25 minute drive from the hotel. We arrived around noon after driving from Atlanta airport and decided to check in. My friend and I had reserved a non-smoking double for the night. The gentlemen at the desk took care of us quickly and gave us directions to Ryans for lunch. The hotel is surrrounded by restaurants and gas stations and is easily accessible off Interstate 20. We checked our room out on the 2nd floor and found it clean and having evrything we needed. The TV is not a flat screen but worked just fine for our use. The bathroom was very clean and had nice towels to use. The only disapointment was that no toietries were provided especially shampoo. I had brought some just in case but providing some would have been the right touch in for the Scottish Inn. The next morning a nice continental breakfast was provided which I was not expecting. Everything tasted good and they had plenty of fruit, bagels, krispy kreme doughnuts, juice and coffee along with some other treats.
I would recommend the Scottish Inn when in the Thomson area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank osujohn
chase m, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Scottish Inns, we are always improving our services. We do not provide shampoo's in the rooms but we have them at the front desk, you review has helped us and we will start providing shampoo and conditioner for the guest. Thank you for choosing Scottish Inns.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Hotel is nothing great but there's nothing bad either. would you stay again for the price of 40 dollars. owners try to get 45 to 60 dollars you can talk them into a 40 dollar flat rate. room is average should be better . Nothing special. 4 the price over all good. No continental breakfast or anything special.

• Stayed June 2012
Spring City, Tennessee, Usa
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We've stayed here a few times and really enjoy our stay. The check in is quick and professional. The rooms are spacious and clean. The morning coffee is great. This is a simple, economy hotel and perfect for a good nights sleep. Not sure what others are talking about - maybe expectations are too high for what is being paid?

I would recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2011

When I walked in the lobby two small children ( maybe 5 years old) climbed up on the desk to greet me. In a flash a young lady came into the room and grabbed one of the kids by the arm and literally snatched him off the 4 foot high desk and sent him flying. Of course, the kid started screaming and rightly so. I couldnt believe it and looked right at her and said" if the wrong persons sees that and reports you , dfacs will come and take your kids. She just smiled pleasantly. I said again , " you dont understand, you will lose your kids if you are reported for doing that". She just smiled pleasantly. I repeated for the third time, " they will come and take them away from you for doing that". She just kept on smiling sweetly which just made me angrier. Another young lady who appeared to be the mother said that " she didnt mean to do it". I was like, well, it is a wonder the kid doesnt have a broke bone or dislocated shoulder. Anyways, i got to the room and the carpet looked very dirty. I didnt like walking on it with my socks on. The commode seat fell off and I sure didnt like picking it up and putting it back on. This place just freaked and creaped me out. Avoid. I travel a lot and often stay in Budget hotels so my standards for them are not set overly high. But, really, you dont want to stay here. In this town you had better spend the extra bucks. Not that it matters, but no breakfast period, other than coffee.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Amethyst-King

Travelers are raving about these Thomson hotels

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2011

You will see prostitutes running around half naked! It looks as if the place is about to fall apart. The smell in this place is awful. There were bugs in my room, and hair on the toilet. There was also trash in my trashcan when I got to my room.

Room Tip: Absolutely nasty! Dont stay here!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim T
cpatel1111, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
If the customer would come to us and tell us he is not happy, we always try to satisfy the customer and would move him in to a different wing. I have been on the front desk for over a year and i have not noticed prostitutes running in the corridor, all guest that are not registered have to come to the front desk before going to the room.
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This place is awful. I was booked for 5 nights and left after one night. I paid the extra night penalty for leaving early.Very dirty, the place is being used by many as an apartment. Many of the rooms are being used by very large families who cannot afford anything better.
Avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank brooklyn35
cpatel1111, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
This guest booked for 5 days on Expedia, after the first night she comes and tell us there is an emergency and she has to leave early, i tell her that our cancellation policy states that you will be charged for one night penalty and she got upset, i asked her if every thing was ok with the room and she told me, every thing is ok and have to check out because of an emergency, she gave us a bad review because of the fact that we charged her a penalty charge.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
Econo Lodge
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Washington
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!