“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
El Paso, Texas
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

You will see prostitutes running around half naked! It looks as if the place is about to fall apart. The smell in this place is awful. There were bugs in my room, and hair on the toilet. There was also trash in my trashcan when I got to my room.

Room Tip: Absolutely nasty! Dont stay here!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim T
cpatel1111, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
If the customer would come to us and tell us he is not happy, we always try to satisfy the customer and would move him in to a different wing. I have been on the front desk for over a year and i have not noticed prostitutes running in the corridor, all guest that are not registered have to come to the front desk before going to the room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This place is awful. I was booked for 5 nights and left after one night. I paid the extra night penalty for leaving early.Very dirty, the place is being used by many as an apartment. Many of the rooms are being used by very large families who cannot afford anything better.
Avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank brooklyn35
cpatel1111, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
This guest booked for 5 days on Expedia, after the first night she comes and tell us there is an emergency and she has to leave early, i tell her that our cancellation policy states that you will be charged for one night penalty and she got upset, i asked her if every thing was ok with the room and she told me, every thing is ok and have to check out because of an emergency, she gave us a bad review because of the fact that we charged her a penalty charge.

Travelers are raving about these Thomson hotels

Indianapolis
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Booked this hotel through Expedia. I had just booked airfare into Augusta and available rooms popped up. I saw this hotel and booked it because of the Washington Rd address. I was looking for a room in Augusta for the Masters and Washington Rd is right by Augusta National....IF YOU'RE IN AUGUSTA!!! Unfortunately, I didn't notice THIS Washington Rd was in Thomson, Ga.... 30 miles away!

Well, the extra 30 minute drive each day was a pain and the hotel is not much to write home about, but my room was clean, roomy enough, and they had a decent free breakfast in the morning

This hotel was serviceable but if I wanted to stay in Thomson, Ga again there are several nicer hotels close by that would be worth paying a little more. But that isn't going to happen since I will find a place in Augusta next time!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We stayed in this hotel - the hotel was very clean, nice, and comfortable. The beds were very good and plush and we had a good nights sleep. The staff was very polite and efficient. Worth every penny I paid for! Also nearby Augusta - only 15 minutes away!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We had the opportunity to stay here while visiting some family in Thomson, GA. It is a simple and clean hotel. Nearby many restaurants and right off I-20. We went to Augusta which is a 20 min drive daily for shopping and meeting friends and family. This is a good hotel in a safe area. Would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Clayton, GA
Reviewed November 10, 2009

There is too much to relate about the bad side of this motel. The first indication of what might be to come was a large, handwritten sign that said, "No refunds after ten minutes in your room." It wouldn't take ten minutes to know how awful it was! The clerk was surley and virtually non-communicative. I was nervous at first when they photo-copied both my drivers license and my visa card. Simply said, it is dumpy, dirty, the service is awful and it goes down from there. The only good thing was it was cheap, and the sheets appeared freshly washed. The TV only gets one channel, and there is no remote in the room- you have to go beg the office for one. And then it only works with a few channels, and will not turn on and off except manually. The bathroom was obviously not mopped recently. A hole in the wall in the bathroom was stuffed closed with a wad of toilet paper. The safety lock on the door was busted and pulled out of the wall. The furniture was old, scarred and partially broken. Large screws in the walls where something must have hung some time back. No amenities in the bathroom except soap. The advertised a continental breakfast and complimentary coffee. When I left at 8:15 they were just turning the coffee urn on, and no sign of any breakfast. I wouldn't have eaten it in there even if there were something to eat. I am so glad my wife was not with me: she would not have stayed one second in that place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Argon310
Jersey
Reviewed April 17, 2008

I had the opportunity to go to the Masters tournament for a few of the practice rounds. Originally I was going to stay in Atlanta and drive each morning........I am so glad that I didn't. The ride from Atlanta was approximately 2hrs while the drive from Thomson is only 30 mins. While I did my research to stay in Augusta the prices were really high for the quality of the hotel. While the Scottish Inns are not the Marriott, they were very nice and helpful. They provided free breakfast starting early in the morning (coffee, bagels, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc.). The staff was very friendly which comes in handy at 6 am to have a smiling face to greet you.

We were not looking for anything fancy and if you are the same this hotel will do just fine. I am hoping to be lucky enough to attend the Masters again next year and I will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
Econo Lodge
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area
Best Western Augusta West
Best Western Augusta West
#2 of 5 in Grovetown

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!