“Unexpected treasure”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were looking to eat at a restaurant that was on the "Thomson website," called Abe's. When we called the restaurant, because we couldn't find it, the restaurant was in Tennessee! Hogie Joe's was an unexpected alternative. Great food and great service!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stumbling around Thomson late evening on a Saturday we stopped here because it appeared busy. We very pleased with our meal. Three of us at hamburgers and one at steak. I had the shroom burger which was very good. Our waitress was very pleasant and took good care of us. My only negative is that I thought it took a little long to get our meal but we were drinking cold beer and enjoying the company of our adult son and his wife so it worked for us. If you are in Thompson, give it a try. I think you will be pleasantly pleased.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Thomson where we were staying for our trip to the Masters. Saw an ad for Hogie Joe ' s in a flier and checked TripAdvisor to see it was rated fairly high.
It did not disappoint. The service was good and the food was served fairly quickly. My husband had a hamburger and I ordered a house salad and an order of the zucchini fries. I was a bit surprised when my salad arrived as I thought it was pretty small. I didn't say anything as I thought it would be enough to eat. I was pleasantly surprised when the check came and realized I got a side salad instead of the house salad I ordered - it was priced accordingly. The food and service was good and I would recommend it.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great place in Thomson to grab a beer and a sandwich and watch the game. I was recommended to this place by a hotel because I wanted something out of the ordinary. I definataly got that, and in a good way. If I'm ever out this way again I will be sure to stop back by.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had to spend 2 days in a hotel by the highway and wanted something different from fast food. I chose this place because I wanted a real burger. Came for lunch and the meal was good. Typical bar food with some added things such as wraps and salads. At dinner I wanted to unwind and actually went back because there was bar seating with a tv in the back and I was alone..eating alone is a bit better when you can watch a game. Dinner was very busy and was a mix of families, couples, and groups of friends. It is typical Americana comfort food with good service, a hint of sports pub feel, in a neT little downtown small town. Not too bad for under 10 bucks a meal.