“Nice Property/Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Property/Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

This Hampton is definately one of the better of the chain. The main draw is that the staff is extremely friendly and all items on the breaksfast bar were fresh and nice quality (which is not typical of some chains). Thomasville is a typical small Georgia town with little activity, but if you have to visit on business you won't find a better hotel to stay. There is a small movie theater across the street and several fast food/chain restaurant dining options near by. I will stay here again when visiting Thomasville.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

Had a business meeting in Thomasville and stayed at the Hampton Inn. They were very helpful in setting up a conference room for our group. Front desk had a few problems dealing with one credit card for six rooms but they were always friendly and competent. Japonika was awesome. Rooms were very nice with a small refridgerator. Some in our group used the fitness room and seemed pleased. Location is within a short drive of the downtown area where all the good dining and shopping are.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Pensacola, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

Overall the hotel is fine. What you would expect at a Hampton.
My only complaint was that we stayed on the 3rd floor in the last room before the smoking section. We arrived very late and it was fully booked so we didn't have any choice but to take the room. While the smoke odor was noticible it was not unbearable. I asked if the other floors allowed smoking and was told no, so in the future I will not stay on the 3rd floor.
Due to the crowded nature of the hotel the parking was very tight but managable.
With a AAA discount the room was only $93 before tax so for the price it was worth it.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2007

My 4 month pregnant wife and my 8 year old step-son stayed in this hotel for 6 weeks due to my job relocating to Thomasvile, GA. We came in the first week and everything was ok til we found out refrigerators and microwaves were not available n all rooms and we had to request one. We made this request and luckily this time we received one. The 2nd week we had a famiy emergency and was a day late getting in and when we got here, eventhough the rooms are paid direct bill through my company, they had given our room away. So we went ahead and booked our room for the following week and requested a refrigerator and microwave for the room a week in advance and when we arrived the following week we were told they may not be available and we needed to request them n advance in which we already had. The next day we recieved a refrigerator only that even on its lowest setting froze every single thing we put in it. When we made the reservations for the following week we were told we could get a suite and they had the refrigerator and microwave in them and it was only like an 8.00 difference so we did so. We got here and there was both in the room. So we decided to reserve the same room again for the following week to get the micro/fridge, and at this time we were told the micro/fridge was moved around from room to room and no guarantee that it would be in the room and that we also could not reserve that one certain room in advance like that. So when arriving the following week again no refrigerator and we had reserved one in advance but we wereput on a waiting list again for one. The last week we were here we were told no refrigerator was available and we got to our room and one was in it but no microwave. We checked in on a Sunday and was scheduled to check out on Friday. I went down to make my reservations for the following week on Wednesday and was told no rooms were available for the following week cause of a wedding, 2 of my other co-workers made reservations Wednesday night and was given 2 rooms for the following week after I was told no rooms were available. So Thursday a total stranger was given a key to my room while no one was in my room but luckily he saw my wife coming out of the room and never entered my room. My concen was also that he could have been a thief and I had alot of valuabe stuff in my room. But luckily he was honest so my wife followed him downstairs to the desk to find out what was going on and the front desk ask my wife how long we had been there and when we had checked in and we had been there since Sunday. My wife also ask them bout the rooms being rented for next week after they told me none were available and they said the men were lying but they showed me a confirmation number they were giving when they made the reservations. My wife returned to the room and they called my room and ask when we were leaving? The hotel is nice as far as looks and house keeping is great if you need something BUT the people running this hotel and the ones at the front desk do not know how to be honest and really are no good at running this hotel and it really makes the stay very unpleasant!

• Liked — wireless internet
  • Disliked — the staff other than housekeeping and maintenance
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank mckees2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomasville
BEST WESTERN Rose City Conference Center Inn
Western Motel Thomasville
Western Motel Thomasville
#5 of 12 in Thomasville
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Thomasville? Share your experiences!