“I have to disagree...”

Days Inn Thomasville
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Reviewed November 13, 2008

I didn't check the reviews of this hotel before making my reservation, and I am so glad I didn't. We stayed at the Thomasville Days Inn last weekend when we travelled from Charoltte, NC to Tallahassee to see a Florida State football game. We knew we wouldn't be spending alot of time in the room, and just wanted a reasonable place to sleep.

*Rooms here cost less than a third than any place around Tallahassee.
*The room was a queen bed, non smoking room. We had plenty of room for our son's pack and play.
*The room and bed linens were very clean and very comfortable. *The bathroom was huge.
*There was a fridge and a microwave.
*The water was hot.
*The heat/air conditioner was quiet.
*The hair dryer and coffee maker worked.
*The tv/remote worked.
*It was quiet.
*The room was cleaned each day.
*There were gas stations, restaurants, and shopping very close.

For the money we spent, I couldn't be happier...after all, if you want Ritz quality, you have to pay Ritz prices, right?!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Reviewed August 10, 2008

My niece is going to college at Thomas university and we went to move her and some friends into a town house and stayed at days inn as it was close to where they were moving to. When we got ther the lady said we booked one queen bed and smoking I told her no we didnt ask for smoking or 1 bed it was me and a friend. she wouldnt move us when we got to our room it was one full bed and stuck of cat spray we sprayed the room and turned on the air to return later after helping move them in and went to the front desk to get an extra blanket to be told they didnt have any. so when we got to the room the remote for the tv didnt work and the light outside of the bathroom went out by itself. kindy scary to know about electric shorts and fires the motel was not full or near full. It was not a good experience and we wont ever stay at the days inn ever again considering she will be in college there for 3 more years and we go up all the time to watch her play soccer we will go but stay elsewhere.....

thanks,
Cheryl White

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Holiday, FL
Reviewed October 11, 2004

We had been through two hurricanes in only a few weeks. When we heard the prediction that Hurricane Ivan would strike Florida, we made the decision to find a pet-friendly motel in Georgia and stay until the storm had passed. With more than 2 million Floridians evacuating, the only place we could find available was the Days Inn in Thomasville. We booked a room for Sept 11-15. While we were there, we noticed fire ant mounds all over the grounds. When we took our dog for a walk, we tried to avoid all visible signs of the ants. Unbeknown to us, fire ants were everywhere. Our little dog was bitten so badly that she became very sick. The next morning, my husband went out to the parking lot and noticed one of the tires was flat. Since Wal-Mart was right across the street, he decided to put the spare tire on and have the other tire fixed there. He never made it out of the parking lot. Our spare went flat. A good samaritan put the tires in his truck and we had them repaired. The auto repair dept found nails in the tires. It would have been impossible to have a nail in the spare unless it came from the Days Inn parking lot as that tire had never been used. To top that off, we found a nail in yet another tire and still had not left the Days Inn parking lot! When we heard that afternoon that Hurricane Ivan would miss our area of Florida and hit the Panhandle and Georgia, we decided to go home two days early. At 8 a.m. the next morning (Sept 13), my husband told the manager we were leaving and canceled the reservations for that day and Sept 14 & 15. The manager was very nice and said he understood as many other evacuees there were doing the same thing. He gave us a receipt for the two days we spent there, with a -0- balance owed. A few days later when we received our credit card statement, we saw that the manager had charged us for the 15th. I had called Days Inn prior to canceling to see how much notice they needed. They said as long as we canceled by 4 p.m. local time, we would not be charged for the other days. The manager never gave us a cancellation number. We had cancelled at 8 a.m. and had a receipt showing no balance owed. We are now going through a long dispute process, and our credit card company says it is likely we can get our money back with the -0- balance receipt we have. However, our experience at Days Inn Thomasville was and continues to be a nightmare.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holiday, FL
Reviewed October 11, 2004

We drove up to escape the wrath of Hurricane Ivan. Our plan was to stay Sept 11-15 and return to Florida after the hurricane passed. After two days in GA, the news said that IVAN would miss FLA and head for the FL Panhandle...and Georgia. On the morning of the 13th I went to the manager and told him we were canceling the remaining days and heading back to Florida immediately. Days Inn reservations said as long as we canceled by 4 p.m. we would not be charged. The manager said he understood and charged me for the two days we were there and gave me a receipt with a zero balance. However, when we got our credit card statement, he charged us for Sept 15th and we had canceled two days prior. Since I had a receipt with a zero balance and the mgr never offered a cancellation number, I thought I was good to go. Now we're disputing the charge. Days Inn will not honor their cancellation policy without a cancellation number. Fireants on the grounds bit our dog and made her very sick. Nails on the parking lot caused three flat tires on our van in one morning, when I previously hadn't had a flat in more than 20 years. And then to have Days Inn management have the nerve to charge us after giving two days prior notice was the straw that broke the camel's back. We will never stay at another Days Inn.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, FL
Reviewed June 23, 2004

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to FSU Homecoming game last year. Because we left booking hotels to the last minute we ended up in Thomasville. Of course the room rates were VERY overpriced for what we got. I think we paid $159 a night. The room was scary to say the least.
Rather dirty and run down.
The neighbourhood looked rather undesirable and I was worried if our car would be there in the morning!

It was fine for 2 nights, but I learned my lesson - we now book way in advance for our annual FSU trip!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomasville
Baymont Inn & Suites Thomasville
Western Motel Thomasville
Western Motel Thomasville
#5 of 12 in Thomasville
Best Western Executive Inn

Been to Days Inn Thomasville? Share your experiences!