“great place!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Reviewed November 18, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend the FSU game in Tallahassee. The price was right so we decided to try the hotel out. The room was fine. Just your average motel room. Nothing fancy. We did have issues with the front desk. The first lady who checked us in was nice enough but there was a huge language barrier. The person at the front desk later that night was nothing short of straight up rude. There was an issue where 2 reservations were booked at the exact same time for us. I was sent one email with one confirmation number so did not know there was another reservation that should not have been booked. When we checked in, the front desk did not mention or ask us about the second room. I checked in well before the cancellation time so it would have been helpful to know that there was a 2nd reservation out there.

Around 10:30p the front desk called my cell phone but I did not answer not knowing who was calling. When we got back to the room and had to go to the front desk for towels, we were asked then about the 2nd reservation. The motel staff has no ability to help with any issues. They kept referring me to the 800 number and the 800 number referred me to another number. The manager was not there and was not going to be there until 10:30 or 11 the next morning and we would already be gone to the game. This issue is still not resolved and the hotel is still trying to charge me for the other reservation. I feel that it is important to note that the hotel was probably 25% full. We counted approx. 25 cars in the parking lot on both nights so this wasn't an issue of them turning away a potential client. I now feel like they were trying to get more money since they weren't as full.

All in all the motel was fine for what it was --- a place to sleep a few hours and take a shower. The continental breakfast was bagels, cereal, juice and coffee. Not enough for anything. I would consider staying here again if the issue with the 2nd reservation is resolved. If not, then no way will I give this place anymore business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PeachyGal
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were staying at this motel for the FSU vs UM (go canes!) game earlier this month. It was 45 minutes away from FSU and was centrally located (Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and plenty of restaurant choices). I booked this stay through a third party site. Check in was smooth, but what came afterwards went straight downhill. Their complimentary breakfast was cereal. I was not expecting a 4 star hotel at a 1 star price but this motel just was not to my standards clean wise. There was a smell of smoke or musky scent. I used a towel and immediately started breaking out and I do not have sensitive skin. You could hear every conversation that was being held on that side of the motel. The straw that broke the camels back was when someone knocked at our door at 3 am. We had a two night stay and we ended up staying just that one night and headed back to sunny South Florida...after catching some zzz's in a Wal Mart parking lot. I just expected more from the third party site I used but it is not their fault. It's the establishment's responsibility to run a quality place where people will come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnnMargaret004
Reviewed November 8, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rudy B
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed in Thomasville while enroute to Tallahassee, Florida State game day. We had reservations at another hotel, but due to their "strict" check in policy (time) we were forced to "shop around". And luckily we found the Days Inn @ a better rate!!! The hotel appeared to be recently renovated and we did not see any bugs in the two rooms that we had. We really enjoyed our stay and will be staying with Mr. Patel and his family in the future. he allowed me to see the room before check in, unlike his competitors who claimed that there was NO room available just to look at before we left for the game (1:30 p.m.)

Room Tip: Rooms were nice furnishings and carpet seemed to be new. Owner stated that he'd just purchased t...