“Clean and Cruise Ship like staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Clean and Cruise Ship like staff!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a quick trip to a golf tournament nearby. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk that appeared pleased to be there and serve guests. Check in was quick even though there was a wedding party in town and lots of activity. Our room was very clean and my wife pleased to see pillows marked 'Soft' and 'Firm'. My nose is quite sensitive to smells and I can't report any unpleasant odors. The only 'bad' remark was our son saying he wished there were glass elevators like the last hotel we stayed . . . lol. So if you're looking for glass elevators look elsewhere otherwise this is an excellent Holiday Inn Express (and I travel a LOT)! The pool is indoor and very clean without the overwhelming stench of chlorine, and just the right temperature. We even watched the sunset thru the large windows while swimming in the indoor pool, a refreshing surprise and nice way to wind down! Breakfast was ready and delicious promptly at 6:30am with staff again friendly. Our stay was short, but we felt like we were on a cruise ship.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Anytime we are in Thomasville we choose the Holiday Inn Express as our hotel. The rooms are clean and affordable. The hotel is always peaceful so you can get good rest. The staff is very friendly, especially the hostess for the breakfast which was hot, fresh and well replenished. We will be back again on the next trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

On the positive side, the rooms were large, comfortable, and clean. Great assortment of TV channels available. Unfortunately, the pool was closed for remodeling or something, so I was unable to take advantage of it. Small workout room had enough of the right equipment for a brief workout. Breakfast assortment was so-so, but always hot and delicious. (Of course the cinnamon rolls are always good!) The staff was always pleasant and greeting me every time I passed someone.

On the negative side, Government travelers should avoid here. They offer the GSA rates on the weekends only. Monday - Thursday my Government rate went up $6 more per night. I asked why the rate goes up on Mondays and was told "That's OUR Government rate." For a moment, I thought I was in another country. Stayed during the week for three weeks. Will look for another hotel that offers the US government rate throughout the stay when I return in July.

Bottom line...for a brief stay, this hotel is great. But only if you don't want or have to pay the GSA lodging rate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Steve V,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet most of your expectations especially with our hotel staff and room accommodations.

It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our guests with our rates but instead provide options that make sense. Nevertheless, we always appreciate comments from our guests. We will use this feedback in making decisions about our future pricing strategies.

I hope you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Once I found the hotel, it turned out to be great. For some reason, my GPS did not help me. Fortunately, I always print out directions when I am going somewhere in the country. I was actually attending my son's graduation and decided to check out Thomasville about 50 miles away from Tallahassee. I hit the right weekend. There was a veteran's celebration/parade Saturday. It was a special event since our soldiers were returning home from Iraq. I also checked out downtown shopping and dining. There were many options and all good. Back to the hotel... It was a very nice hotel. It looked brand new even though I understand it is about 9 years old. I had a large suite with king size bed on the third floor with a view of the wooded areas of town. Even though the hotel is located near a state highway, it was very quiet. The hotel had all the bells and whistles; however, the pool was closed for repairs. The breakfast was almost buffet style with plenty of hot and cold foods to select. The service was great and gracious. This is one of the better hotels in a great historical location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Appeared to be a new property, everything was fresh and clean. The rooms were spacious with a flat screen TV, microwave and small refrigerator. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jchalmer
Kavita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.
Kavita Thakoor
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel itself was nice. The front desk staff were just okay; borderline rude/impatient. The room, bathroom, and lobby were nice. The bed was horrible; particularly, one side of the bed was worn and the sheets were uncomfortable. When traveling for business, quality sleep is a must. I was able to sleep better/sound once I moved to the other side of the bed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kavita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the front desk staff and the discomfort of the beds you have faced. We have addressed the need and next time make sure you would not face this similar situation again at the hotel. As a matter fact, next time when you come to the hotel if you let us know ahead of time we will make sure to put a topper on your bed for the ease of sleep. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express for your future travel needs. Sincerely, Kavita Thakoor General Manager
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are always wonderful and clean. The breakfast and morning staff are great! The evening check-in staff could be better. Would definitely recommend staying here anytime you are in the area. I always do when I am there on business. Nice hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the hotel. I do apologize if you faced any inconvenience with the evening staff. I have discussed with them of their behavior. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.
Kavita Thakoor