Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years since it opened back in about 2003. It was a nice, modern hotel back then. After a few years, it started to go downhill. The staff started to show a lack of interest or compassion to the customers. Noise, lousy internet, pool and hot tub constantly out of order. I started to stay at the Best Western down the street as they were a complete 180 from them with customer service, amenities, etc...I gave the HIX place another try last week and was reminded why I gave up on it. It appears to be under renovation (long overdue), so I can accept that the place is in disarray, but get the wireless internet working, get better mattresses, and tell your staff to greet customers with a smile. As a platinum member of Priority Club, I feel I have earned the right to say the place needs to take a long hard look at what else is available locally for the same price.

I will give them props for a few things...
It's a safe hotel, the breakfast is very good and the morning host is quite gracious.

Room Tip: At the Hampton Inn or Best Western
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear JOHN R,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the service received from our staff, mattress and internet service not being at par with your expectations. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements and upgrades.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you the improvements made.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel was very clean & smelled better than any place we've stayed in a while. Frances greeted us when our tired & weary selves came through the door. Frances' prompt, professional, courteous & SMILING customer service made us feel welcomed, as if we'd 'come home'! Thank you Frances! And, as if that wasn't enough, I cautiously asked for a 1st floor room, which Frances graciously accomodated us with......a simple act on her part, but a world of difference to us!! Thank you Frances! Our room smelled clean when we opened the door, thanks to all of you. We felt safe during our stay, even while stepping outside to satisfy my nicotine habit....We thank you for this! The complimentary snacks & bottled water were a welcomed surprise & we appreciated them. The breakfast was far more than expected....everything we could possibly have wanted or needed was readily available, prepared to perfection, delicious, and the staff was exceptionally pleasant. We noticed & appreciated all of this. Every employee we encountered took a moment to acknowledge us, smile & wish us a pleasant stay. Perhaps these people are rare, perhaps they are just pleasant people, perhaps they are respected & appreciated by their employer, for who they are and what they do. In this day in time, the latter is not the norm. I will highly recommend this place to my family & closest friends. To those whom we encountered, you are blessed, and we can only wish that your blessing continue. Thank you all who were a part of our pleasant stay! God bless....

Room Tip: First floor, near the main entrance, if you're a smoker!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Suite was spacious and comfortable. Bathroom and vanity were a nice size. Hotel was clean and fairly new. Room was very quiet, we did not hear any road noise or other guests.
I would suggest that they put up a sign on the main road to guide you to the hotel, which is located on a service road behind several businesses. It is difficult to find your way to at night.
Unfortunately, we did not get to use the pool or breakfast room during our stay as the hotel was completely run over with teenagers on some sort of group trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HUSKERTRAVELER
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

I want to thank you for your feedback of the hotel I am happy to hear you were pleased with your hotel room. I did make note of your suggestion to put a sign up at the main road to direct the guest how to get to the hotel, I think that is a great idea and I will be bringing this suggenstion to my owners attention. I am very sorry that you did not get to use the pool or breakfast facilities during your stay here with us. I do remember the schools team memebers being here that week and I do agree with you that it was rather alot going on especially during the morning times. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again here at the Holiday Inn Express-Thomasville, GA.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good hotel located near two major highways and just a few minutes from downtown shops and restaurants. Only suggestion is to speed up some needed renovations: carpets need replacing as does the wallpaper peeling off in some areas and in some rooms. Neither problem is bad enough to turn off customers, but why let it get to that point? The breakfast provided was nice with many choices available. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff did a good job while we were there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Thomasville I would like to apologize for any problems you did accure during your stay here with us. We are currently under our remodel stage and at this time we are replacing all of the wallpaper in the hotel and will be replacing all of the carpet as well but it will be one of the last things that we do do during the construction stage due to there will be alot of painting that is necessary. Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and your incounters with all of the hotel staff. We like to make our guest fill like they are welcomed and fill as if there are at there home away from home. We do hope to see you in the future while here in Thomasville.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

the hotel is fine. Clean room (carpet might need to replace very soon. It has shown the dirt), I have no complain on the room. One item it might consider to check and fix: the doors, each time anyone open and close the door, the sound is too loud like they intentionally slam it but they did not.
The person at the reception table was very helpful and quick. She help me change the room pre-assigned to have 2 rooms close to it other. Thanks for that. But as helpful as she is, there is no SMILING in her face. If she could give the customer a smile while doing what she is doing, it would be a great 100% great day for any customer come to the hotel
Breakfast "free" buffet is fine, not great but what else can you ask for "free". I love the coffee.
*** By the way, if you are depending on your GSP, be careful, mine told me "you have reach your destination" about 500 feet short of the place (it stop at long horn stakehouse) you must go a little farther on that curving street to get there (which it hard to see the hotel if you are not familiar with it at night).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

It's always nice to hear from our guest and to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. I did take notes on all the feedback of the hotel that you have given us and at this time we are under our remodel stages and will be correcting the problems. I spoke with all of the employees and explained to them how important it is to smile and interact with our guest at check- in, during there stay and at check-out. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again if or when you are back in the Thomasville area.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Upon entering my room, it seemed some sort of cheap air freshener was being used to mask another odor. The smell of the room was absolutely intolerable. Upon further inspection, I discovered a black mold problem. It was noticeable all over the entire room, especially in areas where to wallpaper was peeling away from the wall. You could actually see the black mold below the wallpaper. The room itself appeared clean, but the hotel was trying to use some sort of air freshener or deodorizer to hide the true problem with the room. Also, a coworker experienced the same problem. He was staying on a different floor on the other end of the hotel. This leads me to believe it was not just my room, but the entire hotel that had a mold problem. I travel frequently with work and know without a doubt I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I do sincerely apologize that your stay was not a great one. And the issues are as we speak are being handled. The hotel is under a complete remodel as we speak and it will take us at least a full year to complete each area of the hotel. With that being said if you are ever in the Thomasville area again I hope that you will choose to give us another chance and come enjoy the new and improved Holiday Inn Express-Thomasville that we are working toward.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was great. The only issue was being charged twice for my room, as it was prepaid and when checking in the night clerk charged my card again. But, when I checked out in the morning the morning clerk was more than apologetic and quickly corrected the error and credited my card back.

Room Tip: It is a nonsmoking and no pets allowed hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Kavita T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I do sincerley apologize on the behalf of my Front Desk staff, I have brought this matter to all of my guest service associates attention and have made known that it is unexceptable at any time to make my guest fill unwelcomed or that they are not appreciated. I do hope that you will come back and give us another chance as I promise you, you will have a much better experience.

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomasville
Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn
#2 of 3 in Monticello
Western Motel Thomasville
Western Motel Thomasville
#5 of 12 in Thomasville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville? Share your experiences!