Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
NEBRASKA
“OK stay”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Suite was spacious and comfortable. Bathroom and vanity were a nice size. Hotel was clean and fairly new. Room was very quiet, we did not hear any road noise or other guests.
I would suggest that they put up a sign on the main road to guide you to the hotel, which is located on a service road behind several businesses. It is difficult to find your way to at night.
Unfortunately, we did not get to use the pool or breakfast room during our stay as the hotel was completely run over with teenagers on some sort of group trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HUSKERTRAVELER
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I want to thank you for your feedback of the hotel I am happy to hear you were pleased with your hotel room. I did make note of your suggestion to put a sign up at the main road to direct the guest how to get to the hotel, I think that is a great idea and I will be bringing this suggenstion to my owners attention. I am very sorry that you did not get to use the pool or breakfast facilities during your stay here with us. I do remember the schools team memebers being here that week and I do agree with you that it was rather alot going on especially during the morning times. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again here at the Holiday Inn Express-Thomasville, GA.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good hotel located near two major highways and just a few minutes from downtown shops and restaurants. Only suggestion is to speed up some needed renovations: carpets need replacing as does the wallpaper peeling off in some areas and in some rooms. Neither problem is bad enough to turn off customers, but why let it get to that point? The breakfast provided was nice with many choices available. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff did a good job while we were there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Thomasville I would like to apologize for any problems you did accure during your stay here with us. We are currently under our remodel stage and at this time we are replacing all of the wallpaper in the hotel and will be replacing all of the carpet as well but it will be one of the last things that we do do during the construction stage due to there will be alot of painting that is necessary. Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and your incounters with all of the hotel staff. We like to make our guest fill like they are welcomed and fill as if there are at there home away from home. We do hope to see you in the future while here in Thomasville.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

the hotel is fine. Clean room (carpet might need to replace very soon. It has shown the dirt), I have no complain on the room. One item it might consider to check and fix: the doors, each time anyone open and close the door, the sound is too loud like they intentionally slam it but they did not.
The person at the reception table was very helpful and quick. She help me change the room pre-assigned to have 2 rooms close to it other. Thanks for that. But as helpful as she is, there is no SMILING in her face. If she could give the customer a smile while doing what she is doing, it would be a great 100% great day for any customer come to the hotel
Breakfast "free" buffet is fine, not great but what else can you ask for "free". I love the coffee.
*** By the way, if you are depending on your GSP, be careful, mine told me "you have reach your destination" about 500 feet short of the place (it stop at long horn stakehouse) you must go a little farther on that curving street to get there (which it hard to see the hotel if you are not familiar with it at night).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
It's always nice to hear from our guest and to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. I did take notes on all the feedback of the hotel that you have given us and at this time we are under our remodel stages and will be correcting the problems. I spoke with all of the employees and explained to them how important it is to smile and interact with our guest at check- in, during there stay and at check-out. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again if or when you are back in the Thomasville area.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Upon entering my room, it seemed some sort of cheap air freshener was being used to mask another odor. The smell of the room was absolutely intolerable. Upon further inspection, I discovered a black mold problem. It was noticeable all over the entire room, especially in areas where to wallpaper was peeling away from the wall. You could actually see the black mold below the wallpaper. The room itself appeared clean, but the hotel was trying to use some sort of air freshener or deodorizer to hide the true problem with the room. Also, a coworker experienced the same problem. He was staying on a different floor on the other end of the hotel. This leads me to believe it was not just my room, but the entire hotel that had a mold problem. I travel frequently with work and know without a doubt I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I do sincerely apologize that your stay was not a great one. And the issues are as we speak are being handled. The hotel is under a complete remodel as we speak and it will take us at least a full year to complete each area of the hotel. With that being said if you are ever in the Thomasville area again I hope that you will choose to give us another chance and come enjoy the new and improved Holiday Inn Express-Thomasville that we are working toward.

Guest Service Manager

Travelers are raving about these Thomasville hotels

Sanford, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was great. The only issue was being charged twice for my room, as it was prepaid and when checking in the night clerk charged my card again. But, when I checked out in the morning the morning clerk was more than apologetic and quickly corrected the error and credited my card back.

Room Tip: It is a nonsmoking and no pets allowed hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kavita T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I do sincerley apologize on the behalf of my Front Desk staff, I have brought this matter to all of my guest service associates attention and have made known that it is unexceptable at any time to make my guest fill unwelcomed or that they are not appreciated. I do hope that you will come back and give us another chance as I promise you, you will have a much better experience.

Manchester England
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here as our first choice the Hampton Inn was full . The room was very good, very well sound proofed against the nearby traffic and as requested away from the elevators. Breakfast was poor-probably typical of this category of hotel but with a diner within walking distance no point to stay in even for free food.
Our welcome was poor-we asked to check in early and were told no chance come back at 2PM without any check to see if anything was free-not even a pretend check-nor any clarification of our Status with the priority club. Check in was with a monosyllabic clerk-had to keep asking is our room away from elevators but actually it was. Asked for additional pillows twice without them coming so I got dressed and personally went to reception where it was clear I was a nuisance. Check out again efficient but no interface with staff and no "was everything OK"
So now I have a dilemma as the rooms here are much better than the old rooms at Hampton Inn but the staff there are sooo much nicer. Maybe decide just on price next time This was an opportunity blown as we spend 7-10 days a year in Thomasville and with good staff we would now be committed to Holiday Inn and who knows might have been persuaded to use them at other locations too!

Room Tip: Rooms are well soundproofed so it doest seem to matter where your room is-perhaps not above the entr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KPEngland
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Comfortable overnight stop while on the road. There were no rooms available on the first floor due to renovations but there was an elevator so this wasn't a problem. Room was clean and bathroom was adequate.Breakfast was surprisingly good with a nice assortment of food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
It is always great to hear from our guest. It pleases me to hear that you had a comfortable stay here with us. The hotel is under remodel at this time to give it a fresh and updated look for all our guests. I do hope that if you come back to Thomasville,Ga you will choose to come and stay with us again and I hope that at that time we will be finished with all or most of our remodeling stage and we can accomodate you on the floor of your choice.

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomasville
Best Western Rose City Conference Center Inn
#8 of 12 in Thomasville
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 3 in Monticello

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville? Share your experiences!