See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2017

The room we had appeared to be clean, but was badly in need of renovating. The real turn off was several roaches we saw while staying there. We took our suitcases and everything else we brought in back to our car so we hopefully wouldn't take any home with us.There also was a dried up burrito in the microwave, so obviously they don't do a thorough job while cleaning. Just as I was going to bed, I saw another roach on the lampshade very close to the bed. I slept in my clothes, and in the morning I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and left as soon as possible. I didn't even want to take a shower. I was glad we were only staying one night.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed March 22, 2017

The rooms were super clean! That's a huge deal to me since I own a cleaning company too. The owners are so sweet & friendly. Nice and quiet & you're close to a lot of shops & restaurants also. We were very happy guest

Room Tip: The pool is nice & clean and so are the rooms
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank awtcleaningservices2
HemantDelada, General Manager at Western Motel Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed December 31, 2016

I visited for the holiday and this was the cheapest so we booked it. Front desk girl at check-in was wonderful (personality-wise) but she was not trained well and admitted it. She did my check-in wrong, which I found out later. The manager did not call my room or cell phone to ask that I come pay the taxes that were apparently not charged by the new employee, but instead he had my key card canceled without warning and when I returned to my room late at night with arms full (gallon of water, pizza, sleeping baby in car seat, 3 baby bags) I found out.

Manager's wife gave copy of MY room key to my brother who was staying at hotel in different room withOUT my authorization. He was getting an iron that they had loaned my SISTER who stayed in my room one night but was NOT on the reservation and shouldn't have been able to check something out to my room. They claim it was because they "Saw us together" and felt it was ok to give him access to my room (instead of going in and getting it themselves).

Roaches in the room, were crawling all over the TV screen and fridge area at night. Manager denied having roaches and said it's probably from the light outside, but supplied a can of roach spray (obviously he knew there were roaches).

Cleaning lady did great job and was thorough each day. Room itself looks old but some updates, nice flat screen tv, fridge and microwave a plus, showers and tub were old with rust and stains but not the worst. We brought sheets of our own. A/C worked, though kinda loud. Rooms were good in that you don't hear sounds from neighboring rooms.

"Breakfast" was old cereal, muffins....the employee said "something to keep you til you go get real food." LOL

After complaining, I was given a small discount from the tax fee.

Overall, I would spend a couple extra dollars and go somewhere more professional and clean. I wouldn't be surprised if the manager/wife (owners also) go into rooms. Poorly installed cameras all over premises.

Pool sits in middle of parking lot...so bizarre!!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Britney G
Reviewed September 26, 2016

My trip was unexpected,booked room on short notice . First time to stay here.I was very pleased with the room.Spacious, clean,king bed very comfortable and staff friendly and courteous.I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This was a Saturday night and no problem noise.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2016

We couldn't afford much and the cheapest hotel in town had bad, bad, bad reviews. So we went the next step up. The first thing you'll notice is that the pool is in the middle of the driveway / parking lot. Friendly staff/owners? Who knows. The room was musty but again for the second cheapest motel in town kind of expected it. Definitely out dated and in need of a renovation. The light above the mirror by the bathroom was not working, so we just pulled one of the table lamps over and used that. The air conditioner worked on low but not on high (the heat index was 137) so thankful that low was working. Another fun fact for those who read these reviews, while there are not adult channels on the tv, you can always hear your neighbors in the room next to yours.....2 whole minutes!!! Lmao. Anyways overall you get what you pay for. My girlfriend asked for more pillows and she received them, asked for a few other things and received them. Hopefully we'll have some extra $ to stay at another place but in a pinch it worked.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family