“Bad breakfast”
Review of Serena Inn

Serena Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The motel is a bit difficult to get to if you are going from North to South - in fact, if we didn't have our GPS I would have been somewhat lost. However, if you are going North to South, the hotel is right off of the street. Our room was okay, although it has surely seen better times. The breakfast was absolutely horrid - my wife and I arrived at 6:45 AM and there was only one egg omelet remaining in the pan, so we shared that. In the 30 or so minutes we spent in the breakfast room, no hotel staff bothered to replenish the eggs or the sausages. If you wanted to settle for cold or hot cereal, then the breakfast would be okay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Serena Inn

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked this room for Parent's Weekend as all the rooms in Tallahassee were overpriced. We always travel on a budget so I wasn't expecting the Ritz Carlton but this was horrible! The room was filthy - TV didn't work properly so husband looked behind it to see if cable was connected properly and it appeared not to have been cleaned for months. Air conditioning didn't work, carpet was beyond dirty, and there were disgusting hairs on the telephone. When we asked to be moved to another room, we were told since we were already in ours and they were booked solid, we couldn't be moved. Mind you, this is at 10:00 at night and I counted 9 rooms just around ours that were vacant. We called around and got the last room at the Holiday Inn Express (which was a wonderful hotel!) and promptly checked out. Our reservations were cancelled by the girl at the front desk (who was very nice about it) and we were assured our credit card would not be charged. Guess what??? Yep, charge on my credit card. Not happy and would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We have always had good experiences at Comfort Inns in the past but this was a nightmare!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lori D
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The front desk was very helpful, the lobby was clean, it made a good first impression as for my room, it was clean beds are comfortable the Tv was nice. Breakfast was also really good, overall I think I will stay here again nice room for a nice price

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pippo305
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The continental breakfast was very good. Plenty of hot items, juices, cereals, etc. Seating was sufficient. The pool looked clean but we did not use it. The motel parking in front of the rooms is uphill. If you are not careful you could scrape up the underside of your car. Our room floor carpet was dirty. My daughter's white socks were gray by the time we left just from walking back and forth in the room. The shower had mildew on the tiles but the worse thing was the sheets in our room did not look like they had been changed. I found hairs in my bed. I give the mgmt. credit though, they did send a housekeeper in a very short time once I let them know of my complaint. Overall I would probably not stay here again although the breakfast was very good and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel. Is it worn, and dated, yes, but before, the staff did a jam up job of breakfast, cleaning the room and making you feel welcome. This week for 4 days there was no fresh fruit. . I was there for 4 nights, for 2 days there was no cleaning of my room. Reporting these issues to the front desk, was no good , nothing happened until I talked to Brian the manager. Even then , he went to get some fresh fruit, it still did not get my room cleaned. Normally when I check out, I leave at least $1 per day as a THANK YOU. We all know the housekeepers work very hard and i like to give a little something,just to show I appreciate what they do, not this time. I called guest relations and reported the issues.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay. By the way, the owner of this hotel also owns the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Good - pet friendly, clean sheets and plenty of towels, front desk staff was nice and the breakfast was good.

The Bad - We had a train go by (tracks right behind property) at 3:30 am and 4:30 am on Saturday morning. Blew the train whistle for a long time.

The Ugly - The carpets were worn out and extremely dirty. The shower tiles were in need of some bleach to clean out the mold and the tile floor needed to be scrubbed.

Room Tip: Pick an odd number room in the teens ( 111 - 119) this would keep you away from US 19 and on the opp...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank uncgrad86
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have stayed here for a couple of years & each year gets worse. They never fix the frayed & filthy carpets. There was mold on shower tiles. We got into the room & there were no hand towels. They gave us 2 bath towels & 2 face clothes. Stopped at front desk & asked for 2 hand towels. She said she would have to get in her vehicle & drive down to where housekeeping stores them then she would call us when she had them. She never called! In the morning, Saturday, for breakfast @ 8:50am there were no biscuits, bagle, bread to make toast or pastries. No fresh fruit at all. Out of 4 coffee carafes 3 were empty. She was trying to fix breakfast items, phones @ front desk ringing off the hook. I felt bad for her that she was the only person working. The place is a DUMP & we will not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family