“RUN DOWN”
Review of Serena Inn

Serena Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have stayed here for a couple of years & each year gets worse. They never fix the frayed & filthy carpets. There was mold on shower tiles. We got into the room & there were no hand towels. They gave us 2 bath towels & 2 face clothes. Stopped at front desk & asked for 2 hand towels. She said she would have to get in her vehicle & drive down to where housekeeping stores them then she would call us when she had them. She never called! In the morning, Saturday, for breakfast @ 8:50am there were no biscuits, bagle, bread to make toast or pastries. No fresh fruit at all. Out of 4 coffee carafes 3 were empty. She was trying to fix breakfast items, phones @ front desk ringing off the hook. I felt bad for her that she was the only person working. The place is a DUMP & we will not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Serena Inn

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I were here for three nights. We had one very minor drip we noted from the toilet tank, otherwise our room was very nice. The staff was friendly and importantly listens when you express concerns. We would stay here again if we come back to Thomasville. Location is good too, as you are located on both the main N/S US route and next to one of the main roads into the Thomasville historic district. We were pleased with the breakfast selection also.

Room Tip: Exterior property without elevators, get a first floor room if you can, low numbers are closer to br...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is the second year in a row we have stayed at this hotel during a soccer tournament. The hotel is older with outside room entrances and very basic. I was a little disappointed this year because the room wasn't as clean as I would like. The bathroom floor needed a good mopping and the room needed a thorough cleaning with a vacuum and dust rag. This may have been an isolated issue since other members of the team said their room was fine. On a more positive note, the staff were very friendly, helpful and did their best to accommodate everyone's needs on a weekend when the hotel was completely full. This location also offered a reasonable breakfast as well as a refrigerator and microwave in the room. And lastly, the towels are larger and softer than other hotels in this price range. That may seem trivial, but we have stayed in more expensive hotels that have smaller, cheaper towels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Don't book through the little popups. Just show up and ask for a room, it was $59 (much better than the advertised rate) and they took $10 off because we took an upstairs room. Wow, room was fine. Breakfast was quite good, sausage gravy, fruit medley, waffles and assorted breads. Bed was comfy, room was ok (a tad stale but fine)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shereen_w
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed there for a hunting dog event, and as dog hotels go, it was ok. I was able to call at 4 pm and get a room for that night at $55 which was lower than their online price. When I arrived a king size room had just been cleaned so I got that for the same price. Has a microwave and fridge in room, hair dryer.

My dog buddy said they were charged $35 which would be refunded if no damage to the room from the dogs. When I called - nothing was charged for my dog. Not much grass to walk the dogs.

They have hot coffee, hot coco & water and chocolate chip cookies out in the afternoon when I checked in which was nice.

The sheets were clean, the towels a bit thin. Single serve coffee maker in room. The breakfast is really good - bisc. & Gravy, waffle maker, the premade pressed egg omlet, and real sausage links. Along with the usual cold cereals. So a nice selection.

Had a slight musty smell when I entered, and the grout in the bathroom shower had mold spots. So the room was a bit worn. for $55 it was fine. I would not have been happy if I paid much more.

Room Tip: get a room on the office depot side. The clerk did say they were refurbishing rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We arrived around 2pm and was allowed to check in early since they had a room available. Our room seemed pretty clean. The carpet appeared clean but the shower mat looked a little dirty. The shower head was adjustable but since it was broke you couldn't adjust the water speed coming out so it just beat the heck out of you. The comforter had what looked like a cigarette burn in it. The iron quit working right in the middle of using it and the hotel replaced it right away with a brand new one. The old iron was pretty dirty and looked like it hadn't been wiped down for some time. We didn't try the breakfast or the pool so I can't comment on those areas. For the price I really can't complain too much. It was about what I was expecting and met our needs.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Generae01
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We arrived for check in about 2:00pm and were told no king rooms were clean, so we would have to wait and check in later. We told the desk attendant that it would be after midnight before we would be back, as we were going to a football game in Tallahassee. She said that was fine and that she would leave a note for the night staff that we needed late check-in for a king non-smoking room. When we arrived back for check in late that night, the guy at the desk gave us our room key. When we got to the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. So, I went back and told him we wanted another king non-smoking room. None were available. The only thing he could offer was a non-smoking room with two double beds. I said fine because it was so late and we needed a place to sleep. It turned out to be just that....a place to sleep. The room smelled moldy and old, the toilet was moldy, the bathroom floor was DIRTY and had hair on it, and the bathtub wasn't very clean either. Also, the radio on the clock did not work. We were very unhappy with our stay and will not be staying here again!! Go spend $30-40 more and stay at the Holiday Inn Express or the Hampton Inn!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family